SASS Wire Forum

Blast from the past

On the cover, Paul is barefooted.  This is supposed to mean he is dead.

In the pre-photo photo he is wearing sandles of some sort.  This must mean his death was staged (faked). 

Another ancient mystery solved.

49 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I never noticed before, but McCartney is out of step. 

That was supposed to be one of the major clues pointing to the "fact" that Paul was dead.

Probably had more to do with the fact that Paul was left handed.

50 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

I never did care at all for the Beatles.  Maybe I was just born old, I guess, but they just left me flat.

A group that was responsible for a generation of kids whose lives were ruined by drugs. Mediocre musicians at the right place and time, just drugged out fools

27 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

A group that was responsible for a generation of kids whose lives were ruined by drugs. Mediocre musicians at the right place and time, just drugged out fools

Yeah, from listening to the Beatles I turned into a lunatic drug user…got all my shots and injections in the Navy. Then I went on to work with all the losers in our Aerospace Industry developing way “far out man” technologies in the Star Wars program. Then, because of my addiction to service I went to work in the public sector on rail transit. Been doing that for 33 years, so yeah, my life got all messed up by the Beatles. Hell, it drove me to running sound for rock & roll and heavy metal bands as a hobby. Beatles music was also the “gateway” for me to get into harder music, like Satan’s heavy metal!

My life has been a mess, for cryin’ out loud! I even go so far as to obey the law and pay taxes! I’m a flippin’ mess!

Sorry Henry, I couldn’t resist. 

:P :lol: :D

All four of the gents have/had gone on to great solo careers on their own.  Paul and Ringo's careers are still going well into their 70's.  George and John's albums are still selling well today.  Mediocre musicians don't get that far.....

Well, I've been a fan of the Beatles since I was young.  I have also gone on to a 30+ year career in very difficult and challenging industry.  I too work hard, pay my taxes and earn a good clean living.  I guess if that makes me a part of a generation of kids who's lives were ruined by drugs, so be it.

Be aware of how wide a brush you use.  You might snare more than you bargained for.

35 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeah, from listening to the Beatles I turned into a lunatic drug user…got all my shots and injections in the Navy. Then I went on to work with all the losers in our Aerospace Industry developing way “far out man” technologies in the Star Wars program. Then, because of my addiction to service I went to work in the public sector on rail transit. Been doing that for 33 years, so yeah, my life got all messed up by the Beatles. Hell, it drove me to running sound for rock & roll and heavy metal bands as a hobby. Beatles music was also the “gateway” for me to get into harder music, like Satan’s heavy metal!

My life has been a mess, for cryin’ out loud! I even go so far as to obey the law and pay taxes! I’m a flippin’ mess!

Sorry Henry, I couldn’t resist. 

:P :lol: :D

I don’t mind at all We all get to have our own opinions and everyone’s is just as valid 

As musicians they were average pop musicians but as writers they did write some pretty good songs. If you hear some of their songs played by symphony orchestras they’re really pretty good. I think Paul was the real brains in the songwriting dept. but that’s just my opinion of being a musician for 50 + years.

I  agree, Rye. Paul has even written some symphonic stuff. We were all just kids then, and had our own tastes in music. Myself, I like a lot of '60's and '70's pop tunes, but, I also loved Big Band music as well. If I can understand the words, hear good harmonies, I'm okay with it.:rolleyes::lol::blush:

6 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

I  agree, Rye. Paul has even written some symphonic stuff. We were all just kids then, and had our own tastes in music. Myself, I like a lot of '60's and '70's pop tunes, but, I also loved Big Band music as well. If I can understand the words, hear good harmonies, I'm okay with it.:rolleyes::lol::blush:

Remember that they also wrote that classic #9 and it sold millions of copies 

On 6/20/2021 at 7:52 AM, Henry T Harrison said:

And these kids were all raised by the Greatest Generation.
The kids gave up on their parents' cancerous brew of booze and tobacco, and found their way into drugs instead.

On 6/20/2021 at 6:52 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I never noticed before, but McCartney is out of step. 

On 6/20/2021 at 7:43 AM, Alpo said:

Probably had more to do with the fact that Paul was left handed.

He still is!   :rolleyes: 

Archived