SASS Wire Forum

Awfully Proud of my state today.

My paternal grandparents were Texans, married in the 1890s. Both of our children earned master’s degrees at Baylor in Waco.  I kinda like Texas.  Especially now.

And the liberal media freaked out this morning.

image.thumb.jpeg.b06c213db1ab26ee731f53baa0046ed3.jpg

10 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I like the way Abbott shut them down in the video. Someone in the back of the room ask a question that is hard to hear, but you hear a lot of booing. Then Abbott says something to the effect of "We're not going to politicize the tragic shooting in Austin in Austin lat week. That he had talked directly to the family and they expressed their desire to be sure nobody blamed it on the lawful ownership of guns. He goes on the say the bills that were signed concerned all legal gun owners in Texas and that the group of teenage thugs had no business having guns and they should be locked up for the rest of their lives.

1 hour ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Someone in the back of the room ask a question that is hard to hear, but you hear a lot of booing.

The question was along the lines of: Did Abbott choose San Antonio for this press conference instead of Austin because of the recent Austin shooting?

10 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

The question was along the lines of: Did Abbott choose San Antonio for this press conference instead of Austin because of the recent Austin shooting?

You're right, I'm sure. I couldn't hear the question very well. But the way the response was worded it makes sense. He does say you must not be from here. "Anybody that doesn't get what the Alamo means to Texas, well, just doesn't get it." The one on his right scares me though. I am afraid of what will happen if he runs and is elected governor.

God Bless Texas and God Bless Arizona!!!

Kansas has very strong gun-friendly laws too. We just need to be done with our current idiot governor (D) and get back to business.

Ya just don't get the same good feeling crossing the Kansas state line as you do when you see Welcome to Texas! :D

Ohio has had open carry for years. We got concealed carry in 2004. The Republicans are working on a constitutional carry now. I hope it happens.

8 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

I think it was planned because of the freedom it symbolizes. Plus a poke in the eye to the San Antonio libtards (not that Austin is lacking in those) and P. Bush carpetbagger that tried to pretty much destroy the Alamo, move the cenotaph to a forgotten warehouse somewhere. I dunno. Any Texicans out there PLEASE don't vote for P. Bush for Texas Attorney General.

Rant over. Gotta take my meds now.

JHC

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

Kansas has very strong gun-friendly laws too. We just need to be done with our current idiot governor (D) and get back to business.

Ya just don't get the same good feeling crossing the Kansas state line as you do when you see Welcome to Texas! :D

Kansas does.

Texas just passed a suppressor bill. Have not read it. Also did not read the Kansas bill some years ago.

But Kansas did pass a bill, a manufacturer built and sold some suppressors. The Fed busted them. Kansas did not back the manufacturer...

As I said, I have not read either bill, but if someone does dig in, what is or will be different this time.

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Ohio has had open carry for years.

Most states did, but like Ohio, nobody knew about it until relatively recently.  I grew up in Ohio, and I didn't know until just a few years ago. It wasn't much before that that the Open Carry movement brought it to the attention of the Masses. 

On 6/19/2021 at 8:36 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You say that like it's a bad thing....:P

On the other hand, those hand-wringers are always moving from one crisis to another so it shouldn't be a surprise.

The suppressor one has me really impressed.  All the others like constitutional carry, etc. seem pretty standard with many other states having similar laws.  Going to be interesting when this goes into effect Sep 1st to see how the suppressor one plays out. 

We do get some things right, down here.

Gasoline is $2.50/gallon...on average, right now. 

10th largest economy in the world.

Pro 2nd Amendment State

Billy Bob's - biggest honky-tonk in the world.

Amon Carter, and Sid Richardson art museums - largest collection of Frederic Remington paintings in the world. 

Texas Ranger Museum

Dr. Pepper Museum

Nimitz museum

Not just Mexican food...Tex-Mex Mexican food.

Our State Legislature normally is in session...every other year!!! Yep...unless the Governor calls a special session, they meet every other year, and only for a few months. The 2021 normal legislative session is over with, right now. What was that saying about the least government is the best government?

The best States you could ever ask for, are surrounding us. Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. We love 'em. They love us too, 'cause they recruit a ton of our high school football players, to play for their colleges, and universities, every year. You're the best neighbors. God bless you all.

Every State is unique, and special...ain't no denying that. The U.S. has a rich history.  

We are fortunate, and blessed, to live in a conservative State, that is pro 2nd amendment, and pro-business...and has no State income tax. 

We ain't perfect, by a long shot...but what we have beats a stick in the eye. 

Archived