SASS Wire Forum

Loooking for a Marlin 1894

I have a JM Marlin 1894 I bought new several years ago and have never shot.  I bought it, an EMF Uberti 1873, and a Rossi Puma M92 all 45LC at the same time.  The Puma was the smoothest out of the box, so I shot it for three years.  I threw away the box to save space in the safe.

Where do you shoot?  I prefer FTF and shoot once a month at Logan's Ferry.  I live in Morgantown, WV.

I will be at Cow Town in Icksburg, PA in SEP.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a JM stamp .44 Rem Mag.  It was never used for Cowboy Action shooting.  Plain stock with 20" barrel.   This one is nothing special but is very sound mechanically.  Has some very light spots of rust from in safe storage.  I am going to sell it on Gun Broker starting at $500.

Willie B Infamous. I would be interested in the .44 Marlin, if the OP is not. I tried to send you a PM and it said you cant receive messages.

Imis

21 hours ago, Willy B. Infamous said:

I have a JM stamp .44 Rem Mag.  It was never used for Cowboy Action shooting.  Plain stock with 20" barrel.   This one is nothing special but is very sound mechanically.  Has some very light spots of rust from in safe storage.  I am going to sell it on Gun Broker starting at $500.

I have a very good, very low round count JM 1894c .357 I might part with, and just checked Gunbroker completed auctions for selling prices... Holy Cow, these things are going for $1100 and up now days! :blink: Plus shipping! :blink: 

I found one from June 8th with a Leupold VX2 2-7 scope and Leupold base & rings that had a "Buy It Now" price of $650, and it lasted 1 hour, 7 minutes, and 58 seconds before someone jumped on it. DANG good buy.

Pre-safety (1982 manufacture), lever wrap and has a one piece firing pin installed - about $40, shipped, I think, for the firing pin kit.

I'll give the price some thought, but if you're interested, send me a PM. It'll be more than $650 though. ;) Who knows when, or if, they'll be made again. 

1894c.jpg

Archived