SASS Wire Forum

Missouri's Devastating Response To DOJ Attack On 2A Preservation Act

Charlie T Waite

The Biden administration’s attempt to challenge Missouri’s new 2A Preservation Act is off to a rocky start after Gov. Mike Parson and Attorney General Eric Schimitt laid waste to the DOJ’s objections in a 7-page letter that explains the constitutionality of the new law and declares the state ready to “fight tooth and nail” for the Second Amendment rights of residents.

On today’s Bearing Arms’ Cam & Co we highlight some of the more salient points raised by Parson and Schmitt in their response to the Justice Department, including their rebuttal of the claims by the Biden Justice Department that the new law protecting the constitutional rights of Missourians is itself unconstitutional because it seeks to nullify federal gun control laws.

“Missouri is not attempting to nullify federal law. Instead, Missouri is defending its people from federal government overreach by prohibiting state and local law enforcement agencies from being used by the federal government to infringe Missourians’ right to keep and bear arms,” Parson and Schmitt said.

Their letter argued Missouri “has every right under our system of government and the Tenth Amendment to place limitations on what state and local officials may do,” It said the DOJ did not identify any conflicts SAPA created with restrictions on state activities and hiring practices when it comes to federal law.

Schmitt and Parson also accused the DOJ of conflicting its own policies when it comes to so-called sanctuary cities, places that limit cooperation with the federal government over immigration issues.

“President Biden and the Department of Justice have decided to reward states and cities that refuse to cooperate with enforcing constitutional immigration laws that protect our citizens against foreign threats, but now they attack Missouri for refusing to cooperate with enforcing unconstitutional gun confiscation laws that put our citizens in danger and degrade their rights. You cannot have it both ways,” the letter said.

The pair concluded their response to the Department of Justice by saying they’re willing to “fight tooth and nail” to defend the Second Amendment rights of Missourians and the Second Amendment Preservation Act.

We’ll be delving back into this topic on Monday’s program, when we’ll be talking with Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt himself about the Biden administration’s attempt to attack the new 2A Preservation Act in the court of public opinion and whether or not he expects the fight to eventually end up in a court of law.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/06/18/missouris-devastating-response-to-doj-attack-on-2a-preservation-act-n46755

DAMN!! A sign of spinal rigidity and testicular presence in politicians!!  What’s this world coming to??

8 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

DAMN!! A sign of spinal rigidity and testicular presence in politicians!!  What’s this world coming to??

Show me State

4 hours ago, bgavin said:

Ask the McCloskeys how well their 2A rights were defended in Missouri.

The McCloskeys sold out for the sake of expediency.  Both wound up with misdemeanor convictions and not even community service!!

Put yourself in the same position.
For expediency, you lost your prized gun (JM Marlin, Browning, or ??) to be destroyed by the state.
You lost $2800 in fines, again for expediency, even if the governor throws you a pardon.

I fully expect them being thrown under the bus in CA, but not in gun friendly states.
Yes, I understand expediency...  Justice is very expensive and most folks can't afford it.
McCloskeys should have never been charged in the first place, in a gun friendly state.

First of all, my carry weapon is expendable. I DO really like it, but I have others just as effective and dependable.

It would be an extremely odd and unlikely situation where I would find myself defending hearth and home with something collectible.

I don’t have a law practice to consider or business to maintain, so the likelihood of me caving in is minnescule. I don’t have anything better to do than mount a noisy, public, and vigorous court defense!

The DA, a staunch supporter of gun control, dragged them into court in St. Louis, a Democrat, liberal controlled part of the state.

I don’t know any other details in the case, but the State is responsible for a vigorous prosecution.  The cost of a defense that would probably include at least one appeal and the risk of disbarment probably had more influence on their decision than it would someone like me, a retired journeyman fabricator and mechanic with little to lose and nothing better to do.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:47 PM, bgavin said:

Put yourself in the same position.
For expediency, you lost your prized gun (JM Marlin, Browning, or ??) to be destroyed by the state.
You lost $2800 in fines, again for expediency, even if the governor throws you a pardon.

I fully expect them being thrown under the bus in CA, but not in gun friendly states.
Yes, I understand expediency...  Justice is very expensive and most folks can't afford it.
McCloskeys should have never been charged in the first place, in a gun friendly state.

You have to realize there are 114 counties in Missouri. 112 are Republican, 2 are Democraps. Guess which side the McCloskeys live in? Yep, St. Louis and Jackson Counties are Democraps. And if you don't know it Jackson county is Kansas City. 

Archived