SASS Wire Forum

I felt sorry for the mailman today

Go West

Boy, next time, I'll open the flat rate box and carry the smaller boxes inside separately. I don't know what it weighed, but I did save $15 on shipping.

Mail lady setting out bullets from Badman Bullets. 

597e0998bba78_BadmanBulletsarriveJuly2017.jpg.8a5ecb16fce142ea560ed58de6af1d0d.jpg

I've been at the Missouri Bullet Company facility several times and there are two or more ladies boxing and packing up bullets for shipment.   Hard to know how many tons of lead they move every day.

My mail lady is great.  The large flat rate box is too big to fit in the mailbox so she brings it to the door.  The first time she handed me the box the box with my fingers under it went right to the floor.  Now I open the door and she asks me where I want her to put it. :lol:

18 minutes ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

My mail lady has learned. Pull in the driveway and honk the horn.

Mine pulls in and rings the doorbell.  Usually my little dog has already announced her arrival, though.  I hate when she's not there and they get some useless clown with the IQ of a tiny little dinosaur.

12 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

My mail lady is great.  The large flat rate box is too big to fit in the mailbox so she brings it to the door.  The first time she handed me the box the box with my fingers under it went right to the floor.  Now I open the door and she asks me where I want her to put it. :lol:

Our gent does the same thing...

This last time was 35lbs of lead ingots and 4 box of Bustin Head lead!!!

He just looked at me when I opened the door!!! I have to remember to give him a heads up next order!!!

The last couple of years,  we have phoned Missouri Bullet Company and placed our order.  Then driven up and picked them up.  Obviously we avoid shipping but it doesn't offset the driving time and cost. Lunch out. Stops at a place or two (like Starline).  But it's an adventure and nice to visit with great people.   Last time I succeeded in doubling up our order.  I'm glad I did as we still have a good inventory.  

We used to have a mail lady who would deliver some fairly heavy boxes right to the door.  My current mail guy does not fetch and tote.  When an order from Missouri Bullet arrives, I find a yellow "Sorry we missed you!" slip in the mailbox.  As soon as I find it, I throw the two-wheeler in the van and head for the local post office, where the lady behind the counter is only too happy to shove the two-wheeler under the boxes and roll them out to me, having done no lifting at all.

CS

My mail-man is pretty good about bullet deliveries. Once he knocked and let me know he would be by later to deliver “a heavy box“, but he was very nice about it. 

The fat lazy lump of excrement that   WAS my UPS driver has finally disappeared, probably due to me and my complaints about him. Our new UPS guy is very nice…and he actually has a brain and a dolly! Amazing. 

My mail deliver young lady the first time managed to bring it to the porch. From then on I told her to just honk and I'll come and get it. She is also my neighbor so I better be kind. And speaking of post office our little town's had to close up due to mold. Now people have to make a 26 mile round trip if the next small town can handle it. When they can't folks have to make a 80 mile round trip to Sedalia. Be a while to get the mess cleaned up.

I leave a cart out for my mailman  regular is big guy who can handle the weight 

sometimes a very tiny lady knocks on my door for me to pick them up 

Our regular mailman is a slight built Asian fella.
Very personable... we take good care of him with cold water bottles on these hot days.

He had to deliver three of those flat rate boxes.
I could hear him cussing a Blue Streak while trying to muscle them up to the door step.

I haven't weighed them, but I figure they come in around 65 pounds per box.
Had to move three boxes out of my office, into the garage... paid for it with a bad back for the following week.

After the last great panic when .22s dried up I ordered from Midway. Added 'some' 22s to the orders. UPS man had to work a bit that day. And a couple after that. I think I stocked up my grandchildren for their lifetimes. 

I've been lucky. My bullet caster lives a few kilometers from me and I just drive over and pick them up.

Gives us a chance to chin-wag as well.

We don’t get delivery at the house. Everything goes to the Post Office. The bullet packages always get put in the lowest locker for some reason. :lol:

What I don't Cast, I pick-up at Cowboy Shoots form a good friend that picks up both mine and his on a yearly basis ....

We camp together, with several other good friends at shoots .... Good friends, Good Eats, Great Visits and Shooting !!!

Jabez Cowboy 

I usually buy from local guys here, Lifer and Doc Adams.

Archived