SASS Wire Forum

Bye, bye July 4?

This is the first line of the new legislation for Juneteenth:

To amend title 5, United States Code, to designate Juneteenth National Independence Day as a legal public holiday.

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Why? Is this more PC BS?

It was when the people of Galveston found out the slaves were free two years after the Emancipation Proclamation. It won’t affect our Fourth of July .

1 minute ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

July 4 is designated as "Independence Day."  Now Juneteenth is designated as "National Independence Day."  So we have two Independence days?

Yes but two totally different meanings. Two different dates.

In my pasts life pasts life past life I was a slave. Now I guess I'm free. In my past life past life past life past life past life past life the British controlled me, Freed in 1776:) For me and my family freedom is still July 4th.

Is this a cartoon or a meme?  I can't tell the difference any more.

They have to keep picking away at your values snd keep you perpetually off balance.  Don't try to have your own values or associations.  You'll always get it wrong.  Just allow the left to make values for us all.

Disgusting.

You can add this to Kwanza, MLK Jr. Day and the whole month of February! 

1 minute ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What about August 20, 1619?

The left is certainly pushing that !! :angry:

12 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

This is the first line of the new legislation for Juneteenth:

To amend title 5, United States Code, to designate Juneteenth National Independence Day as a legal public holiday.

Seriously, open door...let everything in.

We have really gone past logic.

12 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It was when the people of Galveston found out the slaves were free two years after the Emancipation Proclamation. It won’t affect our Fourth of July .

Don't be so sure this (and more like it) won't affect our Nation....

Does this mean another paid holiday off work? ;)

12 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Another phony holiday like MLK's birthday.

For being a civil rights leader I honor the guy. As an individual just another crook. Remember the great parade into Atlanta? All the vehicles were stolen, each contained banned liquor, and the gal's were all hot whores. The surveillance team from the FBI called Hoover asking what should they do, go down and arrest him. The answer was NO, because of the ensuing riots that would take place. How do I know you ask, well that FBI agent was my partner one time when he had enough of the FBI and came to KCMOPD. Of course history denies this occurrence. Wonder why.

At least MLK would NOT deal in drugs or transport them like others wanted.

I agree.
Today is sorta like being dropped back into Nazi Germany or the Spanish Inquisition.
You know full well what is coming, but are utterly powerless to stop it.

50 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

For being a civil rights leader I honor the guy. As an individual just another crook. Remember the great parade into Atlanta? All the vehicles were stolen, each contained banned liquor, and the gal's were all hot whores. The surveillance team from the FBI called Hoover asking what should they do, go down and arrest him. The answer was NO, because of the ensuing riots that would take place. How do I know you ask, well that FBI agent was my partner one time when he had enough of the FBI and came to KCMOPD. Of course history denies this occurrence. Wonder why.

At least MLK would NOT deal in drugs or transport them like others wanted.

My objection is much more one of fairness.  No other person has a days off named holiday specifically for him / her.  Jesus of Nazareth.

Not Presidents Day or St. Valentines, no hero form our noble military, no one like Jonas Salk and other medical heroes, not any great scientist such as Edison, who helped the entire world population survive and live better....just a man who could speak well and whose legacy has been corrupted by his followers, friends. and family.  His message has died.

Watch out next for a late California hispanic farm hand who was a raging communist, helped reduce an agricultural state nearly to ashes by forcing many farms out of business, and was responsible for the deaths of many of his own people who wouldn't play along.  He may well be our next "day off" hero.

I’m not worried

My objection to Juneteenth as a National Holiday is the way it was done.  The bill goes to the president, who signs it into effect the very same day!  No waiting until next year, just close all federal offices right now!  Besides which, I could understand if the date the Thirteenth Amendment, December 18, was made a national holiday.  But June 19, 1867 was when the word finally got to Texas.  The Declaration of Independence wasn't signed on July 4th, it was published on that date, and probably didn't get the word to the outlying regions of the 13 states for a while after that! 

I don't drink...YET!

31 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

My objection to Juneteenth as a National Holiday is the way it was done.  The bill goes to the president, who signs it into effect the very same day!  No waiting until next year, just close all federal offices right now!  Besides which, I could understand if the date the Thirteenth Amendment, December 18, was made a national holiday.  But June 19, 1867 was when the word finally got to Texas.  The Declaration of Independence wasn't signed on July 4th, it was published on that date, and probably didn't get the word to the outlying regions of the 13 states for a while after that! 

I don't drink...YET!

Here’s what the Postal Service said.

The U.S. Postal Service observes 10 official holidays annually. Post offices will be open and mail delivered normally on Friday, June 18, and Saturday, June 19, the newly declared Juneteenth federal holiday. 

In a statement, the agency said it is "fully supportive" of the new holiday signed into law by President Joe Biden June 17 but that "it is not possible to cease the operations of the Postal Service to accommodate an observance over the next 24-48 hours." 

The next Postal Service holiday, Independence Day, will be observed on Monday, July 5. Post offices will be closed that day, and the Postal Service will not deliver mail or packages.

Here are the Postal Service holidays for 2021:

• New Year's Day: Friday, Jan. 1
  • Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, Jan. 18
  • Presidents Day/Washington's Birthdays y: Monday, Feb. 15
  • Memorial Day: Monday, May 31
  • Independence Day: Monday, July 5 (observed, because July 4 falls on a Sunday)
  • Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 6
  • Columbus Day: Monday, Oct. 11
  • Veterans Day: Thursday, Nov. 11
  • Thanksgiving: Thursday, Nov. 25
  • Christmas: Saturday, Dec. 25

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

So now we have Independence Day on July 4 (soon to be August 20) and National Independence Day on June 19.

Why would July 4 be August 20? Did I miss something or is this just your thoughts?

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Why would July 4 be August 20? Did I miss something or is this just your thoughts?

Many of the proponents of Juneteenth believe the United States was created on August 20, 1619.

5 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Many of the proponents of Juneteenth believe the United States was created on August 20, 1619.

Oh that! They’re full of crap and they’ll never change the 4th of July!!

16 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Oh that! They’re full of crap and they’ll never change the 4th of July!!

I wouldn’t bet on it. We’re in the early stages of a cultural revolution and I doubt there is anything that will stop it now that the press and election system is controlled by the hate America mob.

37 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I wouldn’t bet on it. We’re in the early stages of a cultural revolution and I doubt there is anything that will stop it now that the press and election system is controlled by the hate America mob.

Yup. How long before the left dismantles Christmas and Easter?

Much ado about nothing.

49 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I totally disagree! This is nothing but a celebration of blacks being freed, it has nothing to do with anything else! Like Utah Bob said, "Much ado about nothing" You guys are reading way too deep into this!

Archived