SASS Wire Forum

Starline cases

Silver Creek Jack

Just received 1000 38 special cases I ordered from Starline last Monday. Just FYI.   SCJ

They are making brass as fast as they can go.  So SOMEONE had to get those thousand.  GLAD it was you!

GJ

We hit two gunshops today.  Both had noticeably more guns.  Both said they had gotten lots of guns in and sold a lot.  Both places had almost no ammo.  One place said they hadn't got a round of 357 Magnum in in 8 months. No powder, bullets or primers. 

From Fox News:

Ammunition inventories that were depleted during the pandemic are showing no sign of improving, according to Smith & Wesson Brands CEO Mark Smith. 

Gun sales in the U.S. have soared over the past 15 months as people sought protection in response to the wave of civil unrest that occurred following the death of George Floyd as well as an increase in socially distant outdoor activities amid COVID-19 lockdowns. 

Firearms enthusiasts also stocked up to prepare for the possibility of stricter gun regulations during the Biden administration. 

The unprecedented demand for firearms has made it difficult for manufacturers to keep ammunition on store shelves. 

"It's widely known the ammunition shortages continue," said Smith & Wesson CEO Mark Smith. "There is still a lot of interest in firearms."

Smith & Wesson said it shipped nearly 2.5 million units last year, up 70% from 2020. 

Strong demand continues in 2021. 

NICS background checks have climbed 6.8% year over year to almost 1.63 million through the first five months of 2021. Last year they soared 40% to a record 39.695 million.

Background checks are indicative of sales trends but don’t translate directly to sales. For example, customers can purchase multiple firearms at once and only be the subject of one background check. 

A survey of 1,800 customers conducted in April by market research firm Southwick Associates found three-quarters of respondents encountered out-of-stock issues when trying to purchase ammunition. That was down slightly from the four in five customers who faced the problem in 2020. 

Eighty-one percent of those surveyed said they would like to have more ammunition. 

"At some point, demand will certainly soften," said Rob Southwick, president of Southwick Associates. "However, frenzied purchasing and empty shelves often fuels further increases in demand. We do not see demand softening in the near future."

3 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

They are making brass as fast as they can go.  So SOMEONE had to get those thousand.  GLAD it was you!

GJ

Thanks GJ!

I’ve heard lots of folks receiving starline brass, Dillon equipment etc in short order  even tho their websites say backordered or 12 week delivery. 

The Starline website changes daily.  If you look at the homepage for handgun brass the various calibers are color coded.  Green means it is in stock.  Brown means it is out of stock but you can order.  Red means it is out of stock and you cannot order.  Watch as the colors change and as soon as it goes brown put in your order.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/pistol-brass/

Just to manage folks expectations, the folks at Starline won’t hazard a guess on when back ordered items will become available. I called about an order I placed April 2nd for .44-40 cases. I asked if the order would even be filled this year and she said she didn’t know. I’m not holding my breath. 

The good news is they don’t charge your credit card until it’s ready to ship.  

12 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

long ago I was range clean up boy.

very low pay but the brass i got made it a great job 

IMG_0075 (1).JPG

Cool!
New alternative alias -

Lucky Dog:D :D :D

regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

It seems like some calibers get out pretty quickly. I’ve ordered and received a couple thousand each of 45 Colt and 357 since the beginning of the year, but I have a couple thousand of of both 45 Cowboy Special and 44-40 on back order since January and don’t have any expectation of seeing them this year.  All comes down to supply and demand and I expect relatively few orders roll in for those calibers vs the more popular ones.   2008 taught me a lesson, but never thought I’d need to stock up on 44-40.   :mellow:

On 6/20/2021 at 12:04 AM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Just to manage folks expectations, the folks at Starline won’t hazard a guess on when back ordered items will become available. I called about an order I placed April 2nd for .44-40 cases. I asked if the order would even be filled this year and she said she didn’t know. I’m not holding my breath. 

The good news is they don’t charge your credit card until it’s ready to ship.  

I'm in the same line as you Abilene Slim.  Hope I get it in time for 2022 - I want to upgrade my rifle from 38 to 44-40.  I shoot BP and it's a better caliber.

Archived