SASS Wire Forum

**FOUND ONE TO CUT** pistol grip for uberti 73 rifle

El Catorce

I’m kind of a short fat guy with short stubby arms (my Marlin is at a 12 1/2 inch LOP).  I’m moving to an Uberti 73 rifle and I was looking to order a replacement stock to cut so I don’t butcher the beautiful pistol grip crescent shaped factory one... before I do I wanted to check here incase one of you may have a shorter stock for an uberti 73 rifle that you’re not using.... (not interested in trading my takeoff stock)

pistol grip preferred, straight stock considered...

36 minutes ago, Marshal Eli Taylor said:

I have one I purchased to cut off for my grandson but he had a growth purt and I didn't need to cut it down.  I have $175 in it and I will take that for it.  You can cut it to fit your needs.  

Think you can post a pic of the stock? If it’s complete and in good shape I’m interested .... is it pistol grip? 

2 hours ago, Howlin Mad Murdock SASS #4037 said:

FYI pistol grip and straight grip stocks are not interchangeable on an 1873, they have different lower tang shapes.

Thank you for that info! Saved me some headaches for sure! 

2 hours ago, El Catorce said:

Thank you for that info! Saved me some headaches for sure! 

This is a side by side of the strait vs pistol grip stock. Very different shape to the trigger group assembly. 

image.jpg

Ok

• El Catorce changed the title to **FOUND ONE TO CUT** pistol grip for uberti 73 rifle
8 hours ago, Moe T Vator said:

This is a side by side of the strait vs pistol grip stock. Very different shape to the trigger group assembly. 

image.jpg

Ok

Ty! 

Archived