SASS Wire Forum

Is this pistol SASS legal

Buckshot Bob

NO. :P

Revolver Calibers

- Must be centerfire calibers of at least .32 caliber and no larger than .45 caliber or percussion calibers of at least .36 caliber and no larger than .45 caliber.

SHB p.37

Even if it were legal, keeping the round’s velocity to under 1000 FPS probably means the round hits at less than 10 feet in front of the shooter leading to a SDQ.  “BANG, ROLLLLLLLL, THUD” .  
second non PC thought, didn’t they shoot midgets from that thing at the circus in the old days?  

If you show up at a match with that no one would challenge legality. Maybe have your own category " Super large extra big grandiose big grin on face category".:D

30 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Would a caliber conversion make it legal? :D

That's it, convert to 4 gauge.

From Google, "4 gauge or 4 bore firearms are nominally 1-inch caliber. Actual bore diameter varies by several hundredths of an inch in either direction, though technically 4 gauge should always be have a 1.052 inch (26.72 millimeter) bore diameter."

37 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

If they make a second one, will it have a consecutive serial number, or will it be from a different block of numbers?

Block of numbers, no, Big Block of steel, yes! :D

8 hours ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Even if it were legal, keeping the round’s velocity to under 1000 FPS probably means the round hits at less than 10 feet in front of the shooter leading to a SDQ.  “BANG, ROLLLLLLLL, THUD” .  
second non PC thought, didn’t they shoot midgets from that thing at the circus in the old days?  

If he were still alive, I think Galileo might not agree....  :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

If he were still alive, I think Galileo might not agree....  :rolleyes:

many moons ago I’d be able to do the physics for the drop on that small cannon ball :rolleyes:

just think if you had a squib.  

4 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

many moons ago I’d be able to do the physics for the drop on that small cannon ball :rolleyes:

just think if you had a squib.  

Sledgehammer and a fence post 

Archived