SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Two sets of Vaqueros, two 73s, and two double shotguns for new father/son shooters

Poe

Hello all,

My name is Poe, I am a younger shooter new to the sport. I have been to a local shoot and met some truly great people and decided that I am all in, and my father loved it and is excited to get into it. I have shot competitions in the semi side and did not find it nearly as fun as I found cowboy action shooting. I unfortunately am a buy once cry once guy and am looking for competition ready items. Preferably by shotgun boogie as that was suggested multiple times if I wanted to buy once. I am looking for (x4) vaqueros in .357/.38 4.62" barrel length. (x2) Uberti 73s in the same caliber 18"-20" octagon, and (x2) double shotguns such as SKB or equivalent.  Long order, but if you don't ask the answer is always no. Thank you all!

7 minutes ago, Poe said:

Hello all,

My name is Poe, I am a younger shooter new to the sport. I have been to a local shoot and met some truly great people and decided that I am all in, and my father loved it and is excited to get into it. I have shot competitions in the semi side and did not find it nearly as fun as I found cowboy action shooting. I unfortunately am a buy once cry once guy and am looking for competition ready items. Preferably by shotgun boogie as that was suggested multiple times if I wanted to buy once. I am looking for (x4) vaqueros in .357/.38 4.62" barrel length. (x2) Uberti 73s in the same caliber, and (x2) double shotguns such as SKB or equivalent.  Long order, but if you don't ask the answer is always no. Thank you all!

Good luck with your quest, and welcome to SASS. FYI, you will want to think about straight stock vs pistol grip, octagonal vs round barrel, and barrel length on those 73s.

4 minutes ago, Poe said:

Apologies, I added barrel length and the shape, not sure on grip. Probably straight if I had a choice!

No apologies needed!!  I hope you get what you want!  As you said you want to buy once cry once!  If you guys are going for speed, 18.5 inch half round half octagon are very popular.  I prefer a straight stock,  but many like pistol grip.   You probably want a flat top rear sight and a big brass front sight too.   I prefer C&I 5th gen short stroke to any other, but some prefer Pioneer super short stroke and some prefer cut and weld jobs. 

Where are you located?

1 minute ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

No apologies needed!!  I hope you get what you want!  As you said you want to buy once cry once!  If you guys are going for speed, 18.5 inch half round half octagon are very popular.  I prefer a straight stock,  but many like pistol grip.   You probably want a flat top rear sight and a big brass front sight too.   I prefer C&I 5th gen short stroke to any other, but some prefer Pioneer super short stroke and some prefer cut and weld jobs. 

Where are you located?

Well, I guess I'm just not sure what id like. I'm assuming I will find that out real quick after I start running some guns. At the least I will have a weapon I could keep as a backup after I find the things I'd prefer! And I am located in Las Vegas, NV.

Cody Conager (http://www.codyscowboyshop.com)will have everything you need... as well as Jimmy Spurs (https://www.cowboygunworks.com) i am sure. 

I’ve handled codymatic 73’s and some consider him the best there is on 73. 

Ive handled jimmy Spurs vaqueros and same people consider him a god for vaquero action work. 

Ive also handed longhunter’s cz shotguns ...for slicked up cz sharp tails same thing ... he’s incredible https://www.longhunt.com/web/index.php?page=CZ-Sharptail-Cowboy-Action

really all three can outfit you with all three gun categories... but then again take ive said with a grain of salt ... I’m still saving up for my jimmy spurs full race gun action work....

"If you guys are going for speed, 18.5 inch half round half octagon are very popular. "  I've been shooting SASS since 1999 and I don't believer I have ever even seen one of these, so I think my very popular is not the same as yours. 

14 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

"If you guys are going for speed, 18.5 inch half round half octagon are very popular. "  I've been shooting SASS since 1999 and I don't believer I have ever even seen one of these, so I think my very popular is not the same as yours. 

LOL.  Maybe you should get out more.  It's called a Texas Brush Popper,  actually the barrel is 18, so I was off a .5 inch there.

Seriously, you make my point for me.  Different people like different setups and the OP needs to find out what he likes before he buys something and regrets it later.

Howdy, Poe and Pa,

Welcome to a fun game with lots of great folks!

Under Members (under your name) is the number of Likes you get from folks regarding your comments and stuff.

Since you ain't got none, I gave you one, so now you're on your way to winning the new Cadillac!

Nobody has won it yet, and I don't know how many it takes, but here's your first one!

I wish you luck, and hope you find everything you need the first time.

See you down the trail,

Brazos John

1 hour ago, Brazos John said:

Howdy, Poe and Pa,

Welcome to a fun game with lots of great folks!

Under Members (under your name) is the number of Likes you get from folks regarding your comments and stuff.

Since you ain't got none, I gave you one, so now you're on your way to winning the new Cadillac!

Nobody has won it yet, and I don't know how many it takes, but here's your first one!

I wish you luck, and hope you find everything you need the first time.

See you down the trail,

Brazos John

Im not sure how you did it but I sure appreciate it!

Archived