12 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Anyone have a good recipe for lemonade?

The bottled stuff in the store is ok but Ive had

better. too sweet.

Thanks aheadotime.

Best

CR

You need to contact Copperhead Joe at Ponderosa Pines in Manchester, KY!!!

Best lemonade in fifty states, four continents, and the better part of the rest of the world!!

OR BETTER YET!  Come to The Black Gold Shootout the week of July 12th thru 17th and get your fill, straight from the source!!  B) :o B)

The most common is a ratio of 6:1:1, water:lemon juice:sugar.  I'm a fan of 6: 1.5:1.  Naturally, start off scant on the sugar and increase if needed.  I've never been able to make decent lemonade using the bottled stuff.  Always fresh.  

To give it some zip run an inch or two of fresh ginger through your microplane and then squeeze the juice out of the resulting pulp (or just put it all into the pitcher).  Or muddle some fresh mint.

My favorite is different. Make a simple syrup by boiling a cup of sugar in 6 cups of water. let cool..  2 3/4 cup lemon juice. Fresh sqeezed lemon juice only.  mix together with 1 cup Everclear.   Add ice and hang on        GW

1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

My favorite is different. Make a simple syrup by boiling a cup of sugar in 6 cups of water. let cool..  2 3/4 cup lemon juice. Fresh sqeezed lemon juice only.  mix together with 1 cup Everclear.   Add ice and hang on        GW

Only thing be hanging on too will be the floor

We only have 190 proof up here.   Don't freeze in the winter LOL      Vodka can be used but adjusted      GW

Archived