SASS Wire Forum

I guess slushy flavors are serious…

Whiskey Hicks

Well, it may be awhile before she gets a slushy. I've spent more time than I care to at the National Guard training facility there, but don't know much about the people.

25 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Well, it may be awhile before she gets a slushy. I've spent more time than I care to at the National Guard training facility there, but don't know much about the people.

The local buzz has always been that they picked Portage County for the Arsenal due to the historic cloud coverage.

I really believe that folks try to pull stunts like that because it's illegal to give them the long overdue butt kicking they deserve.

I blame the schools.  When they did away with recess and went all 'zero tolerance' (translation: 'we want a blanket answer to problems so we don't have to have a spine and deal with problems on a case by case basis) on fighting or defending yourself, folks stopped learning how to interact with other human beings.

6 hours ago, Whiskey Hicks said:

https://toofab.com/2021/06/15/ohio-mcdonalds-slushie-flavors-wild-brawl/?fbclid=IwAR2Sl6KW0KyLw7VO9KGRMckyqa6jaT1MGRVfjsqrU6dJKLJSjG5xPtgk1RA

This was in the Ravenna McDonalds in the town next door. This kind of stuff just seems to be a typical Ravenna thing….:ph34r:

Wow!!! 

Typical scum. There is such an entitlement mentality with people these days.
I watched a teenager (kid) have a fit because he couldn’t get some flavor of soda he wanted at a convenience store. The clerk explained the delivery hadn’t arrived yet. The only thing missing was the lying in the floor kicking and screaming tantrum. His friends were visibly embarrassed. I told them their friend needed to grow up. The punk ended up leaving in a huff after hearing my comment to his friends. 

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

That guy stood there and videoed the whole thing and never once helped, way to be a hero.  

Why should he risk getting arrested, hurt or sued?   That's how things are these days, I may not like it, but that is where we are in this country (and probably most of the rest of the world).

Looks like a classic KHOHA situation.  That's one reason I stopped working in the food business back in 1972.  This isn't a new thing, it's just more prevalent now.

I had a guy pull a knife because I told him Illinois state law wouldn't allow us to serve undercooked steaks.  My head cook stepped in with a bigger knife and the guy was arrested.  He went BACK to prison for that and for violating his parole a half dozen different ways.

One of my sweet, petite and proper young lady split a man from cheek to chin with a stainless steak charger for putting his hand up her skirt.  He sued.  He lost.  I docked the girl an hour's pay for wasting a steak.

4 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I blame the schools.  When they did away with recess and went all 'zero tolerance' (translation: 'we want a blanket answer to problems so we don't have to have a spine and deal with problems on a case by case basis) on fighting or defending yourself, folks stopped learning how to interact with other human beings.

I'm betting this gal learned that kind of behavior in a dysfunctional household long before she got to school. Many of her peers grew up the same way and this is how they learned to settle disputes in their neighborhood. Their whole culture has broken down and no school system can unwind it because is there's no functional family to raise the kids outside of school. 

5 hours ago, Whiskey Hicks said:

The local buzz has always been that they picked Portage County for the Arsenal due to the historic cloud coverage.

According to a Sergeant Major there who was keeping a group of us "entertained" while waiting for some training to begin, back in the days when bombs went where a human eye directed them, using an optical bombsight, Ravenna averaged over 300 days per year of cloudiness. I know in the many times I trained there, it seemed the sun was a rare sight. Additionally, it was far enough away from coastal areas to limit sabotage risks, and was in close enough proximity to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Columbus via railway to be practical to move large amounts of ammunition quickly.

4 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

That guy stood there and videoed the whole thing and never once helped, way to be a hero.  

He helped. He provided video evidence for law enforcement.

11 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I really believe that folks try to pull stunts like that because it's illegal to give them the long overdue butt kicking they deserve.

This. Exactly this. ^^^^^^^^^

She will never be prosecuted.  If the guy filming had stepped in he would be sued and BLM would burn down his house.  MacDonalds WILL be sued because of the clerk smacking the fine upstanding citizen while they were on the floor and MacDonalds WILL settle to avoid BLM putting that store out of business.  Such is the new reality of the Biden era.

Another example is the video of the guy filling up a garbage bag full of stuff and then riding his bike, yes he took it in the store, out the front door.  San Francisco does not consider thefts of less than $950.00 to be of significance so shoplifting is out of control in the City by the Sea.

https://abc7news.com/san-francisco-walgreens-theft-caught-on-camera-hayes-valley/10791347/

10 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

All kinds of things can go wrong if you try to be a hero.

9 hours ago, Chantry said:

Why should he risk getting arrested, hurt or sued?   That's how things are these days, I may not like it, but that is where we are in this country (and probably most of the rest of the world).

6 hours ago, DocWard said:

He helped. He provided video evidence for law enforcement.

If that were a man and not a woman demanding the slushee and did those things would you still just sit there and video it?

3 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

If that were a man and not a woman demanding the slushee and did those things would you still just sit there and video it?

I believe you need to reevaluate your premise. None of the three you quoted said what we would do.

You get involved in something like that and your day will only get worse.

51 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I believe you need to reevaluate your premise. None of the three you quoted said what we would do.

That’s true none did, however the impression that you gave was that he did enough by just watching.  At what point do you get involved?  If she drew a knife or gun is that the threshold.  I’m not trying to start an argument here, I see a bully demanding to get what they want and watching someone getting punched in the face is enough for me. 

This video is all over the internet. My son saw it and he's not a cowboy shooter and not on this wire. So did my neighbor!

As far as getting involved, I wouldn't have intervened but the guy that took the video really did help the investigation that will follow.

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

That’s true none did, however the impression that you gave was that he did enough by just watching.  At what point do you get involved?  If she drew a knife or gun is that the threshold.  I’m not trying to start an argument here, I see a bully demanding to get what they want and watching someone getting punched in the face is enough for me. 

Simply put, I don't know what I would do. I like to think I do in most situations, based on my experience and skill set, but I don't know for sure. So, I choose not to guess, or second-guess others, from the comfort of a chair. It is different altogether when faced with the situation. 

UPDATE: On the local Fox channel here it said the woman is being charged with a couple offenses, assault, criminal trespass etc.

12 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Why should I risk being arrested, sued or injured?   Are you going to pay my medical or legal bills?

There was no one was at risk of death or grave bodily harm.  There may be some states where the police and prosecutor will thank you for helping, but I don't live in one of those states.   You may want to have a chat with a criminal defense lawyer about what YOU are allowed or not allowed to do in your state.

Subject is already a convicted felon.

Priors for assault on her grandmother & is now under court order not to be in grandmother's presence without another adult present.

Subject claims mental health issues as well.
Judge granted a low bail.

I still think I can make an absolute fortune by opening a handbasket franchise.

Handbaskets seem to be the preferred mode of transportation these days.

Lord, I am getting so sick and tired of turning on the news and hearing something like this repeated multiple times per day.  And if the "media" deigns to pick it up, the aggressor will of course be portrayed as some poor individual working their heart out trying to make a better life for themselves while being victimized by a racist country.

And they have the gall to call ME entitled? 

Archived