SASS Wire Forum

wtb carbon fiber mag tube 1873

saw some chats about carbon fiber mag tubes for the 1873......Anyoneknow where to get one,?

Slick made mag tube liners out of plastic.  As far as I know no one makes a carbon fiber mag tube.  The one "approved" by the ROC was a one-off hand made tube from a European shooter.  Slick quit Cowboy shooting over a year ago.  I cannot access his website anymore.  Many of his parts were sold to another distrubutor, but no mag tubes or liners.

https://onlineoutpost.net/search?options[prefix]=last&page=1&q=sure+hit

I have seen posts about aluminium and carbon fiber inserts to go in 357 rifle and carbines. Helps with the rust problems and helps the bullet align better for feeding. Don't know who made them, though.

PM me, I have 2 brand new aluminum mag tubes for uberti 73 or 66’s. I bought to many when I ordered them a year or so ago. The ones I installed work great.

thanks to everyone,, I'm gonna check out each source suggested.

p.m. sent to Cindy as well.

thanks.....

This is the carbon fiber kit you seek:

https://www.longhunt.com/storelh/index.php?route=product/product&path=88_96&product_id=436

Our "NEW" bullet Alignment tubes are made from a super light carbon fiber base compound and are a perfect fit inside the factory tube but will NOT add weight to your rifle like other Alignment kits. These kits are cut for a 20" barrel rifle or 24" barrel rifle, but can be easily fitted to any shorter barrel length. Kits include a new stainless steel magazine spring and stainless steel follower. All kits are shipped with a 26 inch spring for the 24 inch kits. Once the kit is installed leave 3 inches of spring sticking out of the factory mag tube and trim the remaining amount off.

I do not work for Longhunter, but I did order one of these last Friday.

Archived