SASS Wire Forum

Speaking of facebook Commandoes..

Utah Bob #35998

Check out this hero who responded to my carbine. First he said it was a Brush Rifle and he carried one for 4 years in Vietnam, then when I told him it wasn’t, he said it must be an M1 or M14. Now this is on a site for SF guys. Then it got awesome. Haven’t heard from him since last night.

I made up “Steve Merekatz” Merecats get it? Hoping he would say “Yeah I heard of him”. :rolleyes:

538221A5-FA1D-4814-B36E-986260279B1A.png

47043C7D-4B60-40C1-B9F9-4E91C074C269.jpeg

I hope he responds. A couple of the guys have messaged my. A few more posts and I'll have to drop the hammer on him.

I worked with that guy up in the Orange-Tang Valley; it was pretty sweet duty. 

Pretty top secret stuff. 

Six or Seven MOS designations was pretty common for BlackOps Operators back in the day. 

Most of them guys in the SF only had 4 or 5 MOS titles. 

I had quite an MOS list myself - Combat Medic/Truck Driver/Demo{Regular Trap}/Tactical Short Order Cook/Airborne Paratrooper - but guys like this were pretty hard to come by back in the day.  Most of the time when you found a guy that had an MOS list like his, you had to settle for a demo guy that specialized in Demo {Regular Traps} - very few guys were able to cross over and REALLY earn the title of "Booby" when they went to Demo/Trap School. 

Truth be told - my first time through Trap School the best rating I was able to get was "Mouse"

Oh the stories I could tell about those deep strike missions into the Orange-Tang valley; the problem is, most of my missions were Black ops that haven't been declassificated yet.   This guy is a different stroy though - you can try and look him up using his DD-214 but it wont do you any good.    My man in D.C. finds NOTHING on this guy before 1987, which means either he was born fully grown, or his background is so top secret, it doesn't even FLAG "Top Secret" when you run his jacket. 

Guys like this aren't just practitioners of Black Ops warfare - this guy is a Professor of Black Ops Warfare !!

Any time the military has an operation that can't fail, they call this guy in to train the troops

He's the kind of guy that would drink a gallon of gasoline so he could piss in your campfire!

You could drop this guy off at the Arctic Circle wearing a pair of bikini underwear, without his toothbrush, and tomorrow afternoon he's going to show up at your pool side with a million dollar smile and fist full of pesos.

Just what I've heard - I could be wrong.

Hey Bob, I'm sure that guy will get back online today after he finishes doing the chores his mom told him to do.  Poor guy probably has to take out the trash, scoop the cat pan, and run the dishwasher before she gets home from work.  The indignities some people have to suffer....

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Except that we didn't invade until July of '04.

AHA! You got him! :lol::lol:

My favorite was a martial arts instructor I knew who claimed he was dropped off in cambodia with nothing but a samurai sword and a mission to wreak havok on the enemy supply chain.  The most amazing part of the story was that he was dropped off by a sub and swam ashore.  I always wondered if he was shot out of a torpedo tube. 

I'll be honest, I never could get a read on whether he was being serious.  But everyone else thought he was. 

It looks like Elvis has folded his tent and left the building.:(

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. 

5 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

My favorite was a martial arts instructor I knew who claimed he was dropped off in cambodia with nothing but a samurai sword and a mission to wreak havok on the enemy supply chain.  The most amazing part of the story was that he was dropped off by a sub and swam ashore.  I always wondered if he was shot out of a torpedo tube. 

I'll be honest, I never could get a read on whether he was being serious.  But everyone else thought he was. 

So...no kidding, we actually do deploy special operators via torpedo tubes.  I'm not joking.

But your martial arts instructor is absolute garbage. 

7 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

So...no kidding, we actually do deploy special operators via torpedo tubes.  I'm not joking.

But your martial arts instructor is absolute garbage. 

Yeah. Samurai sword indeed. Everybody knows the only acceptable blade for Secret Squirrel infiltration is......

Rambo.png

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah. Samurai sword indeed. Everybody knows the only acceptable blade for Secret Squirrel infiltration is......

Rambo.png

I never realized Jim Bowie had such big arms.  He's wearing long sleeves in most pictures I've seen. 

Archived