SASS Wire Forum

Have you ever heard of this?

Alpo

I know if you do $10,000 or more in your bank in one day, they have to notify somebody.

I know if you buy two or more pistols within a certain length of time, they have to notify somebody.

But according to this YouTube video, if you buy a large amount of beer (the example given was 200 cases), the store has to notify the state.

Anybody ever heard of something like that?

32 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

It’s  $10k in cash. Checks do not get reported.  As for two or more guns, I used to do that often and all that was done was to list them all on the ATF form

True on #1.  Federal edict.

The others sound like California crap that may have spread to other places as well.

Ray Walton is rolling over in his grave.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I have bought 10 or more in a month, no special reporting.

As far as you know.

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

The same way the fbi doesn’t keep any of the background check data . I’m not buying that for a minute 

Good.  Don't!

A buddy and I were "temporarily detained" one night about 1975 or so.  We had firearms in our possession.  Officers called in our firearms make, model, and serial numbers and very quickly received our names, descriptions, and addresses.  Once they determined we were not members of the Symbionese Liberation Army, they returned our firearms to us and sent us on our way.  

This was over forty-five years ago.  Oh... in California, of course.

I thought the main theme of the question was on the BEER?

TO ANSWER:

It could very well be to 'control' the buying of booze from a non-distributor, for resale in a bar/restaurant  setting.

I thought it odd that in '85 in Texas, we had an empty 'hard liquor' bottle closet, kept locked.

All whiskey and such once empty had the bar code scraped through and placed in the closet. Once a month a man came, checked the #'s of bottles and compared to our inventory, made sure the codes were scratched and then allowed us to destroy the bottles.

It was to thwart refilling the bottles with cheaper or bootleg booze...or moonshine!

In the 1980's!!!!

Archived