SASS Wire Forum

Featherlite Sighting

AA low noise, low recoil shotgun shells were in stock at the ABQ Sportsman.  Too bad no rebate this year.  (I did not buy them as I have enough on hand.)

image.png.b4478bee035f0c48bcc8740500282312.png

Same price in Phoenix and that was the price just before Covid.  Winchester has announced a 20% across the board price increase.  So, $10.99 is not all that bad.

Are you sure there will not be an AA rebate this year?

17 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Are you sure Kamala won't be President by the end of the year.  This is an unknowable.  The purpose of the rebate has been to spur sales.  Ammo is selling faster than they can  make it so why would anyone offer a rebate?

17 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Winchester Ammunition's rebate site only shows rebates for turkey and goose loads.  Of course a rebate on unavailable ammunition isn't worth anything.  At Utah State I saw women and youngsters shooting Federal 1 1/8 oz loads that were beating them up.  They sure could have used some low noise, low recoil AAs.  Locally I know of shooters who are searching for low noise, low recoil AAs for their wives.

7 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Are you sure Kamala won't be President by the end of the year.  This is an unknowable.  The purpose of the rebate has been to spur sales.  Ammo is selling faster than they can  make it so why would anyone offer a rebate?

Well, for the last 15+ years they have had a rebate.  I would hope that WW would not join the gouging croud.

Each year the rebate started the first week of May and lasted through I believe August and was announced several months prior. Don't think it will happen.

11 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

How is not offereing a rebate "gouging?"

Charging  a higher price then they would normally.

I always figured gouging was charging unreasonable prices in a scarce market. A bit more than pre pandemic reasonable market seems fair especially with our current supply and non inflation situation.

I am constantly having to adjust my remembered prices and getting sticker shock.

I sent out an e-mail regarding AA availability and a local shooter searched and found a case available at an online retailer.  (They are now sold out.)  At least I helped one shooter keep competing this summer.  It seems Winchester Ammunition is currently producing low noise, low recoil shells.  Those needing them should check with their suppliers regularly.  

Don’t know if you have any academy sports stores near by, but if you do, check there. I was  in one Wednesday and they had probably 25 boxes or so on the shelf. Price was $8.99 per box/limit of 10 boxes. I bought 10 boxes of Remington gun club for $7.99 per box. 

Thanks for the heads up but I just visited their website and it says IN-STORE purchase only and limit of 2

On 6/11/2021 at 5:48 PM, Nickel City Dude said:

A friend who works at Cabelas told me that they were told that there would not be a AA rebate this year. She said they were told that Winchester rep said it was a waste of time to spend time fooling with rebates when the product was not available most places

38 minutes ago, StirrupTrouble said:

A friend who works at Cabelas told me that they were told that there would not be a AA rebate this year. She said they were told that Winchester rep said it was a waste of time to spend time fooling with rebates when the product was not available most places

makes sense.  

On 6/11/2021 at 5:14 PM, Nickel City Dude said:

Well, for the last 15+ years they have had a rebate.  I would hope that WW would not join the gouging croud.

Please explain "Gouging Crowd".

Curious.

Phantom

2 hours ago, Dungannon Gunner said:

plus UPS charge?  When I clicked the link, a free-shipping code popped up.  When another pard alerted the Wire a few weeks back, I ordered two cases from them (same price) and got free shipping, although they did charge tax.  Right now it says they have 45 cases left.   Yeah, almost double what I always paid at Walmart but that's what I get for ignoring shotgun reloading (actually I do have it all except 209's)

As I looked more at the outdoorlimited.com, I noticed that there apparently IS a rebate for at least this deal (case of Light Target in 50th anniversary wood box).  Cheaper than the LNLR as well:

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/shotgun-ammo/12-gauge-ammo/winchester-12-gauge-ammunition-aa-50th-anniversary-light-target-2-3-4-1-1-8oz-8-1145fps-250-rounds/

although it is out of stock.

Two things.  First they are all "out of stock" and when you click on the rebate link you get a "page not found".

So sorry but no rebate available.

Archived