SASS Wire Forum

Crossfire Carbine

Wild Willi

Pale wolf, that gun in the picture is El Hombres gun I just got mine yesterday after long looking and as you state years later.  Mine was used no box, and as I stated I see them on Ubertis web site but do not see the markings saying Uberti,  I did not remove the forearm  That is why I asked the question.. I have had many guns from Taylors and it says Taylors but normally Uberti is visable or who ever them maker is.  I was looking for info not a problem, and thought this was the proper forum to get. I beg your pardon Sir.

It should have Italian proof marks visible somewhere even if you can't find Made in Italy.

I don't know if any of you remember when Cimarron got in trouble back in the 1980s by the US government for having their firearms look too authentic, to the point that the layman couldn't easily tell if it was a reproduction or an original. I always felt that was a heck of an endorsement by Uncle Sam!

25 minutes ago, Irish-Pat said:

It is a fine looking carbine wherever it was made. It makes you look just like Tom Selleck in Crossfire Trail, Irish ☘️ Pat

If that was the case, one would be in my safe now. As it is I look more like his side kick that couldn't speak good Sioux.

2 hours ago, Wild Willi said:

Pale wolf, that gun in the picture is El Hombres gun I just got mine yesterday after long looking and as you state years later.  Mine was used no box, and as I stated I see them on Ubertis web site but do not see the markings saying Uberti,  I did not remove the forearm  That is why I asked the question.. I have had many guns from Taylors and it says Taylors but normally Uberti is visable or who ever them maker is.  I was looking for info not a problem, and thought this was the proper forum to get. I beg your pardon Sir.

Not a problem at all (and this IS the proper forum). ;)
I have had to remove the forearms on many of my rifles in order to find the Italian date codes in order to add year of manufacture to my inventory list.

I understand that it generally depends on the importer's specifications as to location.

Archived