SASS Wire Forum

New gun finally came in!

I got a call this morning, Taylors got a shipment of guns!  When I got the last stimulus check, I figured Joe and Kamala would want me to order a new gun with it.  So I ordered a '58 Remington and a conversion cylinder.  All my full size C&B are Colt style, never had a Remington and this will be my first conversion cylinder too.  It will be a couple of weeks before I get it, but it will be coming!

I had just watched Pale Rider for the billionth time when I ordered this.  I have a '63 Remington Pocket and the conversion cylinder on order too, hopefully that will come in soon as well.

I stopped in the store last week on my way to PA with money burning a hole in my pocket.

No rifles for sale - store/demo's only on the rack.

Oh well...

Brought the money home.

Congratulations! That’s great Barney. :D

You know, we’ll need to see some pictures, right? ;)

Because of the conversion cylinder is it treated like a regular handgun? I have been dying to ask someone in this state that actually bought one. My LGS’ do not seem to comprehend the question as they aren’t BP Gun savvy. 

They ship the C&B gun and the conversion cylinders in separate packages.  Since neither is "legally" a firearm, they ship direct to me.  If they shipped them together, that would constitute a "firearm" and would need to go thru a ffl.  At least that is the prevailing theory.  I'll let you know in a few weeks (with pictures!)

18 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

They ship the C&B gun and the conversion cylinders in separate packages.  Since neither is "legally" a firearm, they ship direct to me.  If they shipped them together, that would constitute a "firearm" and would need to go thru a ffl.  At least that is the prevailing theory.  I'll let you know in a few weeks (with pictures!)

That’s what I thought. Thank you. 

I was tempted to get a conversion but I decided my Remington is just too much for my little girly hands. No Pale Rider imitations for me I reckon.:(

Archived