SASS Wire Forum

Boot Knives?

Cholla

I compete in Classic Cowboy. I would like to get the knife off my belt and into my boot. I would like to see period realistic knifes and sheaths to be worn in a boot.

A Scottish Skean Dhu could be just the ticket.

On 6/9/2021 at 9:46 PM, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

This RK Stevens short sword (long Bowie) rides well in a high-top Cavalry boot ;)

RK Stevens s WIRE.jpg

And it can help you tuck your pants down into your boots, too. (Ya might want to leave it in the sheath, though. :D)

Hey Pard, how tall are your boots?

Good Luck in your quest.

20210104_113815.jpg

Thanks for  thread Chollo. 

I have had an interest in knifes since childhood when my parents would actually let me carry a toggle switch blade (I'm 75 and definitely raised in the country).  I still even have a hunting knife given to me one Christmas when I was around 16 that must be one of the very first Schrade Uncle Henry's made (serial number 0000x). (Sporting goods was one of the many things we carried in our small town store so must have been one of first in stock at Texoma Distributors from Schrade Cutlery Company.)  Anyway, don't mean to degrees from OP.  Sure don't want to start a topic on everyone's favorite knives. 

PW, Brumley has tempted me for so many years at EOT and/or WR with his beautiful knifes.  Such craftmanship and very nice gentleman. 

I have pictured four of my boot knifes.  Top two were made from some silverware I bought at a blanket sale at Texas Peacemakers club near Tyler in my early years of CAS.  Top one I rather crudely made grinding and filing original carving blade.  The second from top Tom Hewitt (Redwing) made me in my requested "dagger" style from another piece of the said silverware.   Third knife pictured purchase best I remember in 2000 at our first EOT.  (Top three knifes were engraved by Larry Hopewell with BILLY and two boots .)  Bottom knife I purchased from a vendor at an OWSA match in Raton, NM.    Miss Ann and I were there at Whittington Center attending a Shootist Holiday so decided to go over to the match to visit friends and learn more about CAS (1999).  Needless to say the stop over and shooters I met there led me right into this game I love so much.646207518_bootknifes2.thumb.jpg.471aaa9fa61ab6145404e6aa6bccc582.jpg

On 6/11/2021 at 2:19 PM, Black Angus McPherson said:

I really like that.  Where did you get it?  I've been thinking about buying that type blade made of Damascus Steel and making a boot knife.  I just haven't been able to find the right blade.

Angus

This is a Scottish dirk. I got it on Amazon a couple of years ago.

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Popular with the Bond villain crowd.......

LL

Or Will Smith on Wild Wild West.

Archived