SASS Wire Forum

Hogdon Trailboss

JT Wild

Anyone loading Hodgon Trailboss powder, there is a commercial loader in Utah who is selling what he isn't using, $50 a pound.

It comes in 12# boxes and he will ship direct to you. Presently it is selling on the internet for $53.50 per bottle (9 once), so it is a fair for the times.

Hodgon says it loads well for everything larger that 9mm.

If you are interested email me and I will get you the information.

jt2wild@yahoo.com

I should say it is great to hear from you also Goody. Sorry to say but it has been fifteen years sense I have crossed your path. I'm living in St George Utah land of the Four Corners Regional (April) and the Huntsman World Senior Games (Oct)  if you ever want to visit. Both great shoots.

Pete in answer to your question the Trailboss is in a twelve pound package, it should be enough to carry you threw this shortage. Or you could split it with a friend. He is a commercial loader and that is how they get it in. I spoke with Hogdon and they say it works in almost everything larger than 9MM. My question for Hogdon was can one load shotgun with it and they said not very well.

Pete if you have other questions email me a JT2Wild@yahoo.com, or text at 801 829 8989 Thanks

Eli:

I don't load 38-40 or 44-40 but Hogdon tells me Trailboss does a super job on many different loads as I have said before.

He has a lot for sale, in excess of ten or more 12 pounders if you want to stop up!

The present political environment is bad and it probably will get worse before it gets any better. With that said I've stocked up with expectations of the future.

Also one of the guys who contacted him got free shipping so you might think of that.

Happy trails buddy see you soon.

If you are possibly interested in this Trailboss powder, I just checked and he has sold half of the powder and still has the second half available.

Once again they are twelve pound containers of Trailboss and he will ship it to you, so give it some thought if you need powder.

I figure one of these containers will make about 24,000 rounds of 38 special.

Give me a PM or Text

jt2wild@yahoo.com or 801 829 8989

Hay everyone. He made a mistake.

Their not twelve pound boxes they are eleven. He was selling for $50 per pound so he is refunding everyone who has purchased a box $50.

He is very Sorry about the mistake.

With that said a eleven pound container should make you about twenty two thousand rounds of 38 special (2.5 cents a round).

He is selling a eleven pounder for $550 and he can ship direct to you.

He still has a few left for sale if you are interested, so Text or email me and I will get you in contact with him.

JT 801 829 8989, jt2wild@yahoo.com

I just bought a 9 oz can at a North 40 in Washington a couple days ago for $20.99. Limit one, but they only had one, so kind of moot. :mellow:

Grass Range,  you can call Mike at Hogdon (Birdshot was his alias when he shot sass), ask him about a load for 45-90. When I spoke with him he said it would work fine for 45-70, set brass on its side, place bullet where you want is seated along side and then make a mark on your brass there. Then you can fill it to that line with Trailboss. Please speak with him as he developed this powder for Hogdon.

He told me guys use it for many loads above 9mm all the way to 50 cal.

With this all said I spoke with the fellow selling the Trailboss last night, he still has a few left for sale. Started with fifteen or more.

The best I figure a box will make 22,000 38 special loads, which should get someone threw the difficult times. Many like Trailboss because you (almost) can't double load.

He is selling 11 pound box of Trailboss for $50 per pound or total of $550, you might ask him to throw in shipping with that. I believe a couple have gotten that in the deal.

He will ship direct to your house.

Contact me by Text 801 829 8989 or

email JT2wild@yahoo.com

Good shooting guys

Find where the base of the bullet to be loaded is located in the case and make a mark on the outside of the case at this location. Then fill the case to that mark with Trail Boss, pour into the scale pan and weigh. This is your maximum load. 

Pressures will be below the maximum allowed for this cartridge and perfectly safe to use!

Take 70% of this powder charge weight (multiply the maximum load from step 1 by .7), and that is your starting load.

Start with this beginning load and work up to your maximum charge, all the while searching for the most accurate reduced load. Once found, the fun begins!

Thanks for all the good info, especially Ace of Hearts, that is it was explained to me from Hogdon.

I have done business with this loader a few times in the past and he brought up this powder. As Goody said try getting someone to sell you enough powder to shoot for a year and you need to get everyone you know to go into the store with you if they have enough.

He has always been fair with his pricing in my experience.

He has  world of loading experience and as I have said before he loaded for SASS for a few years.

Glad guys are taking advantage and I think he is down to two or three left if anyone has been thinking about it.

Text me at 801 829 8989 or email me at JT2Wild@yahoo.com and I will get you the contact info.

Happy shooting out there if I could only find you guys some primers now we would be really having fun.

JT

Thanks to everyone who was interested, but spoke with him and it has all been sold. I apologize for not getting back sooner but I have been at a shoot.

Good Luck out there.

JT

Archived