SASS Wire Forum

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

I didn’t know about that one, thanks.

Here is the link to the one in Woodbury.

https://www.shortmountaindistillery.com/home

Randy

8 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Chattanooga Whiskey

Home - Chattanooga Whiskey

Figures that a hometown boy and a barkeep would know where distilled spirits could be found. 

Kajun

Hey Randy, thinking faaarr ahead, next year 2022 the US Nationals move to Oklahoma City (our old club) and its the same week/weekend as your TN State? ( 8th -16th Oct) 

:DAre you planning to move it to avoid the clash. Being so far away we have to think far ahead, and if we can ever get out of Auschwitz down under.:angry:

11 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Hey Randy, thinking faaarr ahead, next year 2022 the US Nationals move to Oklahoma City (our old club) and its the same week/weekend as your TN State? ( 8th -16th Oct) 

:DAre you planning to move it to avoid the clash. Being so far away we have to think far ahead, and if we can ever get out of Auschwitz down under.:angry:

Yes, it'll be the 1st weekend in June next year.

6 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Jackaroo, hopefully y’all can break out by next year. The Tennessee State Match will be June 2-4 2022. You’re correct we did have to move but on the bright side the National Championship is a lot closer to Tennessee now. Hope to see you and Kelli next year.

Randy

8 hours ago, Deadwood Miner, SASS # 45575 said:

Match time must be getting close.  Randy started painting the targets yesterday.

Tennessee Williams and I started on them yesterday. Stages 6-10 will be closed until 10/11/21. In about a week and a half stages 11-15 will be closed for painting also. I'll post an update when these are finished.

Thanks

Randy

IMG_8403.JPG

IMG_8405.JPG

IMG_8406.JPG

IMG_8407.JPG

IMG_8408.JPG

IMG_8409.JPG

IMG_8411.JPG

IMG_8413.JPG

Thems is purty!

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Tennessee Williams and I started on them yesterday. Stages 6-10 will be closed until 10/11/21. In about a week and a half stages 11-15 will be closed for painting also. I'll post an update when these are finished.

Thanks

Randy

IMG_8403.JPG

IMG_8405.JPG

IMG_8406.JPG

IMG_8407.JPG

IMG_8408.JPG

IMG_8409.JPG

IMG_8411.JPG

IMG_8413.JPG

Just please don't paint orange around them blue targets, it'll make them look like we're fans of them blasted Florida Gators...

On second thought go ahead, it'll make me mad and concentrate harder to blast them to smithereens. Got any crimson paint? :ph34r:

I like them orange borders the Wartrace Regulators always

put on their targets.   Helps to concentrate on the center areas

of the targets.

And Lord knows that some of us need all the help we can get.

..........Widder

32 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I like them orange borders the Wartrace Regulators always

put on their targets.   Helps to concentrate on the center areas

of the targets.

And Lord knows that some of us need all the help we can get.

..........Widder

I like them as well. I can see the orange through the smoke. :)

I'm reminded of a TN state match a couple years ago. There was a few cowboys sitting around the fire one evening after shooting all day talking about how tough they were. A cowboy from Oklahoma said he got caught in a stall with a longhorn one time and had to kill it with his bare hands. Another fella from Colorado said he got jumped by a Mountain Lion one time and he had to kill it bare handed. Ole Randy St Eagle didn't say a word, he just smiled and kept stirring the fire with his leg.

Speaking of stirring. I bumped up to 357 full case loads of my smokey BS repellent for the Outlaws Saturday match and this is what the targets looked like after the first 4 rifle rounds. Well this Outlaw don't slow down fer nuthin and as I don't really aim as much as dead reckon from the hip I just kept jackin the lever and strokin the trigger. Sometimes I heered a hit and sometimes just silence. Then out came the pistolas and some more reckoning. I finished the pistols and grabbed the 97 and some 12 gauge BP rounds and started hunting fer knockdowns. They was 2 on each side of the stage as I remembered. Then I saw the legs of them targets kinda peekin out from under all that smoke. Just the bottom 4 inches or so. I tossed a round in the chamber and let off a smoky blast about where I remembered the plate should be and thought I heard it fall but I couldn't see it. Nobody said up or down so I worked my way across with four smokey bangs and what I believed to the ping of the targets falling. I even asked if they were down after the last one cause I still couldn't see em. The spotters held up two hands and I thought I was about to get a round of applause but no, they were just holding up 8 fingers. That ain't half bad fer only being able to see four of the targets. And that's no BS.

istockphoto-1169574805-612x612.jpg

Well, y'all all need to remember that I'm one of the founders of the Bigfoot Posse up in Bowling Green, KY. I talked to him yesterday and he's definitely gonna be at the match. 

Daryl (that's Bigfoot's name for you unedumacated folks) said that all y'all better darn well pony up for the cancer donations and you better wear some pink at all times or he's gonna cause extra misses for you. Hey I really can't make this stuff up!

On 8/15/2021 at 11:12 AM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Jackaroo, hopefully y’all can break out by next year. The Tennessee State Match will be June 2-4 2022. You’re correct we did have to move but on the bright side the National Championship is a lot closer to Tennessee now. Hope to see you and Kelli next year.

Randy

OH dear, well that will put us out, thought it maybe a week or two either side of OKC. Never mind will have to make a special different trip one day.

Ya'll have fun now ,ya hear.:D

7 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

OH dear, well that will put us out, thought it maybe a week or two either side of OKC. Never mind will have to make a special different trip one day.

Ya'll have fun now ,ya hear.:D

Hopefully we'll at least see y'all in OKC.

Thanks

Randy

15 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Just please don't paint orange around them blue targets, it'll make them look like we're fans of them blasted Florida Gators...

On second thought go ahead, it'll make me mad and concentrate harder to blast them to smithereens. Got any crimson paint? :ph34r:

I wish I could empathize, but, I’m a Tide fan, so I’m used to winning and being hated for it!

Maybe Randy could make a stencil with this pic and use it to paint the targets? That would probably make you AND TW happy.

921A205A-BFDD-4D1A-A956-42569F369C3D.jpeg

Not gonna quote it because I don't want to somehow post a picture of that  cheatin',  backstabbin',  sorry,  good-for-nothing, snake; and don't even get me started on Coach Saban...

:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :wub:

13 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

Speaking of stirring. I bumped up to 357 full case loads of my smokey BS repellent for the Outlaws Saturday match and this is what the targets looked like after the first 4 rifle rounds. Well this Outlaw don't slow down fer nuthin and as I don't really aim as much as dead reckon from the hip I just kept jackin the lever and strokin the trigger. Sometimes I heered a hit and sometimes just silence. Then out came the pistolas and some more reckoning. I finished the pistols and grabbed the 97 and some 12 gauge BP rounds and started hunting fer knockdowns. They was 2 on each side of the stage as I remembered. Then I saw the legs of them targets kinda peekin out from under all that smoke. Just the bottom 4 inches or so. I tossed a round in the chamber and let off a smoky blast about where I remembered the plate should be and thought I heard it fall but I couldn't see it. Nobody said up or down so I worked my way across with four smokey bangs and what I believed to the ping of the targets falling. I even asked if they were down after the last one cause I still couldn't see em. The spotters held up two hands and I thought I was about to get a round of applause but no, they were just holding up 8 fingers. That ain't half bad fer only being able to see four of the targets. And that's no BS.

istockphoto-1169574805-612x612.jpg

13 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I see we have a serious contender for this year's liars contest ^^^^^^

As much as I would like to see Mister Badly bring this converted reward home, I have to agree with him. The smoke did hang in the air that bad.

They keep a life sized cardboard cutout of Saban in many locations and for a "small honorarium" you can have your picture taken with the cutout. I just wonder what the going rate was for Capt. BB to have his picture taken.

Kajun

18 minutes ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

As much as I would like to see Mister Badly bring this converted reward home, I have to agree with him. The smoke did hang in the air that bad.

See!! The truth is stranger than fiction!! And if I was a liar I would've said I used my Spidey sense to know where them targets was. Of course, Spider man wouldn't have missed 8 times.

6 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

They keep a life sized cardboard cutout of Saban in many locations and for a "small honorarium" you can have your picture taken with the cutout. I just wonder what the going rate was for Capt. BB to have his picture taken.

Kajun

One left tackle, later converted to a 295 lb tight end. 

Left tackle? I was a left tackle. I wasn't nowhere near 295lbs but after 45yrs of hard work and dedication I managed to get there. ;). That reminds me, when I lived in southern middle Tennessee I was enjoying a quiet evening on the deck when all of a sudden there started a big howling and whining like I never heard before. Sounded kinda like a huge pack of coyotes. Funny thing was they was usually to the west and this pack sound came from the south. I thought for a minute and realized it was Saturday. I checked the ESPN and sure enough, Saban had tried to kick a field goal with maybe one second on the clock when they were ahead and some dang War Eagle ran that missed kick back for a game winning touchdown. I smiled and poured a glass of Tennessee's finest whiskey and listened to them Bama fans howl for a good while.

Archived