SASS Wire Forum

Newest scam, at least for us

Outlaw Gambler

Look at the frigging email address, sender name, spelling and grammer. A quick area code look up shows there is no 833 area code. Looks like this must be the first attempt of a beginner.

Emlyn Sideris <bong-kabat_hipou.eyplq@hotmail.com>

1:37 PM (41 minutes ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hel‎l‎o m‎y name is ‎Em‎ly‎n‎ Sideris‎,‎ ‎agent‎ i‎d‎ n‎‎u‎‎m‎ber: 5‎2839. ‎It ‎loo‎ks‎ ‎l‎‎i‎ke yo‎ur s‎tude‎‎‎nt‎ ‎loa‎n ‎‎may ‎b‎e‎ ‎e‎ligib‎le for‎‎ ‎the‎ ‎re‎ce‎nt st‎imulu‎s‎‎ fo‎rgi‎ven‎‎es‎s‎ ‎and ‎rel‎‎ie‎‎f ‎‎‎l‎e‎gislati‎o‎n,‎ h‎o‎w‎‎‎e‎v‎er‎ yo‎ur applica‎tion do‎es ‎‎ne‎e‎d t‎o‎ be‎‎ c‎om‎‎ple‎t‎‎e‎d.‎ T‎h‎is‎ ‎app‎l‎‎ie‎s to‎ all loan status‎es‎ ‎includ‎ing‎ t‎h‎ose l‎oan‎s i‎n‎ de‎fa‎ul‎t ‎‎and ‎g‎a‎‎r‎nishm‎‎e‎n‎t‎.‎ ‎If ‎y‎ou‎‎ ‎cou‎ld ‎p‎‎le‎as‎e ‎giv‎e yo‎‎u‎‎r ‎dedicate‎d el‎i‎gi‎b‎‎il‎i‎t‎‎y li‎ne a‎ ‎‎‎c‎‎all a‎‎t‎:‎ ‎833-898‎-‎8‎783‎,‎‎‎‎ we‎ can hav‎e‎ ‎t‎‎his‎ applied‎ i‎m‎‎med‎iately.‎ P‎‎‎lea‎se‎ ‎be ‎aw‎‎are ‎tha‎t‎ ‎‎these‎‎ b‎en‎‎‎‎efits c‎ome‎ ‎o‎‎n ‎a‎ firs‎‎t ‎‎come ‎first ‎‎se‎‎rve ba‎sis th‎‎ough. Plea‎s‎‎‎e ‎m‎ake ‎‎sure t‎o‎‎ ‎p‎rovi‎de‎ ‎your ‎pe‎r‎sonal‎ v‎al‎i‎‎datio‎n‎‎ code‎ #‎086‎68. ‎Our‎ off‎ic‎e ‎ho‎u‎r‎‎s‎ a‎re‎ 8am‎‎-‎5pm (PST) Monda‎‎y‎-Fri‎d‎ay. ‎Tha‎nk‎ You‎, ‎Eml‎yn Side‎‎‎r‎is

I‎f‎ ‎you‎‎ don‎'t‎ have stud‎e‎‎n‎t debt ‎p‎le‎a‎se igno‎‎re‎ ‎this ‎me‎ss‎a‎‎ge‎‎‎,‎..‎.Stud‎ent ‎‎‎Se‎rv‎i‎ces, ‎18‎8‎7‎‎ Wh‎‎‎itn‎e‎‎y Mes‎a D‎r #‎32‎‎1‎5‎, Hen‎d‎e‎rson‎‎ NV 89‎014, ‎t‎o‎ be‎ r‎em‎‎o‎v‎ed ‎‎‎from‎ ‎‎futur‎e ‎ad‎ver‎t‎isemen‎t‎s‎ ‎‎go‎ ‎t‎o ‎[‎‎take ‎- m‎‎e -‎ ‎of‎f‎ ‎.‎ net]

2 hours ago, Outlaw Gambler said:

Look at the frigging email address, sender name, spelling and grammer. A quick area code look up shows there is no 833 area code. Looks like this must be the first attempt of a beginner.

833 is a non-regional toll-free number. Probably rings at a call center in India.

As relevant as anything in the Saloon.

Today was Spam Wednesday.  I finally told one fella to get me off his call list or I was gonna crawl through the line, twist his head off and stuff it up his nose.

That was the loudest and best *Click!* I've ever heard.  ^_^

31 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Today was Spam Wednesday.  I finally told one fella to get me off his call list or I was gonna crawl through the line, twist his head off and stuff it up his nose.

It was moved from the reg'lar Wire to the Saloon without any edits/deletions. B) 

45 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Yeah...only trouble with that is that it wasn't originally in the Saloon.

That number used to be listed as belonging to: 833-898-8783 Dorethie Johnston

I found a Dorothie Johnston online that was quite ahead of her time in regards to communication technology. She gave birth to an Alexander Hardie at the age of 40 in Linlithgow, Scotland in 1734. :D

Area Code 833 History:

06/23/2017
Area code 833 was officially put into service. With toll free numbers the charges are paid for by the party who is called instead of the caller. Although area code 833 is not assigned to a geographical area or time zone, calls to any toll free number may be restricted by the customer. 

Archived