SASS Wire Forum

Cooler Cowboy Shirts...

Shooting Bull

...from J. Hornady Dry Goods.  

Weather is warming up a bit and I'd like to preserve the few functioning brain cells I have left.  The Cooler Cowboy Shirts used to run about a size smaller than advertised.  (Need to order a 2XL if you normally wear an XL)  Is this still the case or do they run true to size these days? 

Thanks

Don’t know if the sizing is now correct but my first couple were almost two sizes to small in my football players shoulders. (Ended up with 3X instead of XL) Which left them pretty baggy in the waist. 
However I corrected the waist issue by diligently following the TW school of nanner split body sculpting :P

YMMV

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I recall that they announced “improved fit” and it seems that the neck area is a little better, comparing one early shift to others I bought later.

Even so, I order one size up from my usual size.  Works for me.

This is their sizing chart:

Size Chart:

• XS - 34-36 "" Chest.
  • S - 36-38 "" Chest.
  • M - 40-42 "" Chest.
  • L - 44-46 "" Chest.
  • XL - 48-50 "" Chest.
  • 2XL - 52-54 "" Chest.
  • 3XL - 56-58 "" Chest.
  • 4XL - 60-62 "" Chest.

57 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

This is their sizing chart:

Size Chart:

• XS - 34-36 "" Chest.
  • S - 36-38 "" Chest.
  • M - 40-42 "" Chest.
  • L - 44-46 "" Chest.
  • XL - 48-50 "" Chest.
  • 2XL - 52-54 "" Chest.
  • 3XL - 56-58 "" Chest.
  • 4XL - 60-62 "" Chest.

By that chart I'm at the bottom end of 2XL.  I've gone by that in the past but the shirt still fit like a second skin.  I'm curious as the whether the chart is more accurate now or if I need to step up a size. 

i had mine made to fit a few years ago - well worth the investment and ill have them with me next week in wisconsin , i always have a few warmer along as well in case the weather doesnt go as predicted , up here thats right regular too 

I bought a couple 2x recently and they fit pretty good, as well as my other size 2x shirts in regular clothes. 

Have to remember this company makes outfits for bicycle riders who want tight fitting clothes.  I seems they kind of carried that over to the cowboy line.  Haven't ordered in a few years but when I did I went for 2X instead of XL which I usually wear.  p.s. the shirts last well as long as yo turn them inside out before washing them.

I have a couple of them and they fit well, trouble is finding them in my size in the style they have on their website ( med.) haven’t checked in a while will have to take a look again.

12 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Move to a better climate...saves money on shirts.

;)

I did.  The $$$ I spend on shirts is more than made up for by the $$$ I save by NOT buying long underwear and coats. :lol:

Archived