SASS Wire Forum

Covid Blahs...

It is seems like Covid has sucked the life out of the world. Everyone is jumpy, angry for no reason, politics are even more bitter, and negative issues take the forefront.

But guess what? France opened to tourists today. I can almost taste the escargo, foie gras, tarte flambee, cassoulet, beef bourginon, ris de veau, coq au vin, soupe à l’oignon, blanquette de veau, Moules Marinières, Magret de Canard, Foie de Veau à la Lyonnaise, Choucroute Garnie, Quiche Lorraine, and Grand Marnier Souffle.

I feel my blahs going away, and my belt line expanding.

So what are you doing to beat back the blahs?

I started growing a beard to celebrate “no more masks” on June 15th here. 

I have noticed people are more on edge with strangers. I find myself being more obstinate than normal. I can be stubborn, but the other day I found myself actually trying to get the ignorant woman that was in the process of cutting me off to actually  hit my truck. At the last second I backed off and let her over because something in my head said “What in  the hell are you doing?”

I am glad I had a last second “epiphany” but I seriously wanted to cause damage in that woman’s life, and not just her minivan. 
I find myself being very intolerant of ignorant self absorbed people. Much more so than I used to be. 
I also find myself being an isolationist. 

So, since I am off work I walk every day and try (read that, force myself) to interact with other people daily. I go to the range every couple of days and I go to stores even if I do not need anything. I figure I should do something otherwise I might end up in the headlines for choking out some poor moron for being what they are. 

Note to anyone in the DA’s office that might be reading this gathering evidence…I am trying! :D

I never really had the blahs, I was just a little more pi$%ed off than normal.:P

56 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

It is seems like Covid has sucked the life out of the world. Everyone is jumpy, angry for no reason, politics are even more bitter, and negative issues take the forefront.

But guess what? France opened to tourists today. I can almost taste the escargo, foie gras, tarte flambee, cassoulet, beef bourginon, ris de veau, coq au vin, soupe à l’oignon, blanquette de veau, Moules Marinières, Magret de Canard, Foie de Veau à la Lyonnaise, Choucroute Garnie, Quiche Lorraine, and Grand Marnier Souffle.

I feel my blahs going away, and my belt line expanding.

We have traveled all along...blessed to have been intrusted the mountain home...(that had a bunch of visits last year) and went to Tx, Az and OKC to shoot with friends in less restrictive enviroments.

21 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have noticed people are more on edge with strangers. I find myself being more obstinate than normal. I can be stubborn, but the other day I found myself actually trying to get the ignorant woman that was in the process of cutting me off to actually  hit my truck. At the last second I backed off and let her over because something in my head said “What in  the hell are you doing?”

I am glad I had a last second “epiphany” but I seriously wanted to cause damage in that woman’s life, and not just her minivan. 
I find myself being very intolerant of ignorant self absorbed people. Much more so than I used to be. 

So, since I am off work I walk every day and try (read that, force myself) to interact with other people daily. I go to the range every couple of days and I go to stores even if I do not need anything. I figure I should do something otherwise I might end up in the headlines for choking out some poor moron for being what they are. 

Note to anyone in the DA’s office that might be reading this gathering evidence…I am trying! :D

Are you sure you are not related to Shanley???

Are you a Marine????

Or is it just a trait we all gain after the age of 58!!!

Yesterday I was approach by a woman who had just exited their RV.  We were in the parking lot of a grocery store here in Flagstaff.  She asked what was the mask requirement here.  All I said was its your choice and not required.  The entire family looked at me in disbelief.  Welcome to AZ.....

Happy summer, go do something fun!

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You ought to hop that motorcycle...head the 17 or so hours to the cabin in July!

We have enough fishing gear...

Come on out!!!

I walked into the hospital without any mask, yesterday!

NOBODY EVEN LOOKED AT ME SIDEWAYS!!

I’m the same old cantankerous anal sphincter I always was, so dealing with a more aggravated world is no different.

I’m glad that the world is starting to recover! I would hate to have to go to a higher level of grump in order to deal with the agitation!!

5 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

You ought to hope that motorcycle...head the 17 or so hours to the cabin in July!

We have enough fishing gear...

Come on out!!!

Thank you. :)

I would love that except I cannot ride my bike or actually drive that far due to my left hand still being in a brace and at about 50% in function. 

11 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Are you sure you are not related to Shanley???

Are you a Marine????

Or is it just a trait we all gain after the age of 58!!!

:lol: No, Stanley and I aren’t related…I think…

Nope, I was in the Navy and I have always been a hard head. ;)

7 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, Shanley is a Marine...Department Of...so yup, Y'all are the same ilk!!!

3 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

I have been out and about for a while now, even before the mask mandates were lifted here in MN.   I do get annoyed with the way people drive, but then again, that has always annoyed me.  I just hope that there's no "do over " come winter.

I refuse to do this again!

Arrest me , fine me....I will not comply to anymore nonscense!

1 minute ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Well, Shanley is a Marine...Department Of...so yup, Y'all are the same ilk!!!

Piece of advice. Never tell a Marine they were in a Department of the Navy. They get a little irked by that…trust me on this. ;)

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I refuse to do this again!

Arrest me , fine me....I will not comply to anymore nonscense!

That’s why I am growing a beard. My little protest. 

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Piece of advice. Never tell a Marine they were in a Department of the Navy. They get a little irked by that…trust me on this. ;)

Hahahaha!!!

My Marine is a bit easier on the ribbing...as long as he can give it right back!!

Not a damned thing. :(

2 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Well, my plan was to get into CAS but my efforts to acquire gear have been repeatedly stymied and it seems to be having the opposite effect.

5 minutes ago, Ezra Hawthorne said:

Well, my plan was to get into CAS but my efforts to acquire gear have been repeatedly stymied and it seems to be having the opposite effect.

Don’t give up! I almost did back in 97. I was frustrated when they went to 2 handguns and I needed a cart and was just unsure, but I pushed forward. 
What I should have done was took what I had and went to a match. 
First off, I wouldn’t have built an immense cart that weighed a ton and would accommodate 8 long guns. :blink::lol:

Secondly, I would have found out how nice folks were and could have borrowed a second handgun. 
Third, I would have found out what other folks were wearing and where to get decent clothes at a decent price. 

Get yourself to a match, even if it’s just for an hour or so. Talk to some folks. Let them know what you need. You will get some help and direction. 

20 minutes ago, Ezra Hawthorne said:

Ezra...go out and get involved! Show up for matches...accept the loan of equipment when offered...bring what you can.

DO NOT WAIT untill you have everything!!!

Show up, the effort will pay off in the end!

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Navy. Explains a lot Pat....something about Iron men and Wooden Ships as I recall. But then again, I was a ground pounder and I still have little use for water. Unless it's in my canteen! LOL

Our Country has been through a lot, my friend. It's understandable, given what we and the rest of the world have been through, especially now that the truth about some things seem to be coming out. People don't like to be lied to and they don't abide cheats. (in the interest of serenity and sanity I shall not elaborate further)

One of the classes I taught for recruits was on something called Critical Incident Stress. You can imagine what a LEO goes through at times and that class was designed to give them tools to deal with those issues arising from such things. Been there myself. I see some of those same stress responses in those around me. Regular folks, not police. People who are not accustomed to dealing with stressful things. Quite a few seem to be unaware of what's happening. They happily don their masks and do evertyhing the nice people on TV tell them to do. The way I look at it is for some of them, it's probably for the best they don't know.

As for us, even Iron Men have trouble from time to time. I know that, personal. But it's gonna be ok. Just going to take a bit of time for things to right themselves.

Archived