SASS Wire Forum

Still Got It

bgavin

Yesterday I was watering the plants out front when a car full of teenage girls passed by and honked me up.
I was thinking I was still "all that" until one hung out the window, waved and yelled, "Hi Grampa"

2 hours ago, bgavin said:

Yesterday I was watering the plants out front when a car full of teenage girls passed by and honked me up.
I was thinking I was still "all that" until one hung out the window, waved and yelled, "Hi Grampa"

Now THAT is funny!!!!

Yep.
#1 just graduated HS this week is now officially out of HS.
She has a soccer scholarship to a Christian college here, starting in the fall, but it is party time for the summer.
Her younger sister is taking her first trip to the range next week with Grampa.
So, I'm still "all that" in some ways now... ;)

I would have just smiled and waved as anything you might reply back probably just wouldn’t be appropriate…

”Hi girls. Thanks! Come by any time.” 
“Woohoo!”

”Hey Ladies…thanks for noticing.”

”Wow, you girls sure are cute. Ready for summer?”

All these comments with or without the right facial or body language would make you look like a dirty old man…

My oldest grandson, (20) told me last Saturday, that he’s amazed that I’ll be talking to someone and just rolling along in the local vernacular and dialect and then suddenly when I am making my point, I’ll sound like a professor using words and structure that reveal my real level of education and knowledge.

Very gratifying!

The real ego booster is being past Social Security age and performing with my band on college campuses.  Even recently, during breaks or after the show, some cute little co-ed will come up and propositions me!!!  

It’s enough to scare hell out of ya’!!  It also makes you smile inside for a while!!

I always get these young girls calling me "honey", I think alright man I'm still pretty cool!!! Then I figured out that a lot of young girls call ALL old guys "Honey":lol: 

21 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I'm young for this forum, but I have noticed EVERYONE, whether they are in the military or not, has begun addressing me as "sir."  I believe that's a function of the grey hair.

I don't have any grey hair.  I'm prematurely blonde.

I was taught that response MANY years ago when I was a fresh face at IBM.
Many of those in my office were ex-Navy.
I learned that reply, and a propensity for strong coffee, along with many other things from them.

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

The real ego booster is being past Social Security age and performing with my band on college campuses.  Even recently, during breaks or after the show, some cute little co-ed will come up and propositions me!!!  

Indeed...
I had to leave my last band when both our parents went to Cancer City and Dementiaville.
I haven't played a note for nearly 7 years..  far too long a dry spell.

50 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I was taught that response MANY years ago when I was a fresh face at IBM.

What response? Sir?

I was taught that when I was learning how to talk.

Wear a Speedo next time.

13 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I don't have any grey hair.  I'm prematurely blonde.

i went from black to white , i skipped over that gray phase , maybe God wanted me to stand up to the current trend 

On 6/10/2021 at 7:57 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

She was probably looking for a Sugar Daddy! You must look like you have a lot of money!!:P:P

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

She was probably looking for a Sugar Daddy! You must look like you have a lot of money!!:P:P

In worn out jeans, scuffed up old brogans, and a T-shirt, there’s no looking like money! I ain’t purty, by some accounts anyway, so it must be the voice and maybe the smooth, debonair personality!! B) :lol:

Archived