SASS Wire Forum

Free Cody action job!

Cody Conager has donated one of his famous action jobs if you win the Colt SAA to be given

away to a registered shooter at The Mason Dixon Stampede.   It is a second gen 357 with

5 1/2 inch barrel.   Great two day shoot.....entry fee include side matches and Saturday dinner.

Great odds to win a Colt and a great action job!   Match is near Frederick Maryland and

Gettysburg Pa.  

I have a second gen Colt, 357, 5 1/2 with one of his action jobs and a third gen 357 ,5 1/2, with one of his action jobs. These are a great guns. The second gen was an NRA Colt with a terrible action, and he made it work right and it is nice. I may have to look up the match and attend if I am available.

Maddog 

55 minutes ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

I have a second gen Colt, 357, 5 1/2 with one of his action jobs and a third gen 357 ,5 1/2, with one of his action jobs. These are a great guns. The second gen was an NRA Colt with a terrible action, and he made it work right and it is nice. I may have to look up the match and attend if I am available.

Maddog 

I have only had a professional action job done to two revolvers.  One was an NRA Colt, like yours, and the other was a 44 Spcl 3rd gen.  Both had timing problems when I bought them and this was before I had learned to work on SAA's.  The late Bob Taylor worked on both and they are nice.  An unfired 3rd gen with a spring kit feels almost as nice, but not quite.

Having owned several irons tuned by Cody, I can attest to the smoothness.  Yet, at the same time, a 2nd gen Colt, I think I might save sans tuning for more of a special iron as Phantom says rather than making it a SASS regular.

13 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Why would you want to put an "Action Job" on a Gen 2 Colt?

Why not? Up to the individual. 

My good friend Goatneck Clem (R.I.P.) and his son, Captain Sam Evans, used second gen Colts almost exclusively. These were tuned by Goatneck himself. They were like butter!

16 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Why would you want to put an "Action Job" on a Gen 2 Colt?

I have a second gen in .357 that has an action job. It's my backup to a pair of 3rd gens with action jobs!

• 1 month later...

This is one of the door prizes for the WV state match? I didn't read it as the action job was for that pistol. I read it as he's donating an action job as one of the prizes. I've been wrong before though. 

One registered shooter will win a second generation Colt.   And Cody had donated a action job on said Colt. 

So one lucky shooter will win a second gen Colt with a Cody action job.  About the best door prize that

a cowboy could every win.   BTW it is a .357 with a 5 1/2  barrel.

15 hours ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

This is one of the door prizes for the WV state match? I didn't read it as the action job was for that pistol. I read it as he's donating an action job as one of the prizes. I've been wrong before though. 

2 different matches separated by a few weeks and a few miles. WV Appalachian Showdown has an action job as a prize. Also Mason Dixon has an action job for their specific revolver. 

Archived