SASS Wire Forum

I goofed

So ....for Christmas I sent a knife sharpening system to my 16 year old grand-nephew in California. He is interested in knives. Last month I sent him a maintenance kit from Blade HQ. So far so good. 
Last week I ordered myself a Benchmade Bailout folder also from Blade HQ. Checking my tracking last week, it said it was delivered. Not here. Hmm.
Then I noticed that it was delivered to my nephew. In Morro Bay, CA!! His address was still in my delivery info on the website. I called his grandma, my sister, and hade her intercept it before he got it and send it to me! 
He would have been one happy teenager. His mom, maybe not so much.

It finally came in today.  I was going a bit crazy because my sister lost the tracking number before she gave it to me so I had no idea where it was.

Note to self: always check the shipping address before you hit the Complete Order button. :blush:

377B3752-C5F4-49D3-948B-426B565E1968.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Oh, you were ALMOST such a great, great uncle! 

Great grand uncle to him

Horrible uncle to his mom. :D

Benchmade knives are great knives. Nice one! Oh, and the young lad would have been ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm one of "those" uncles.  Each year for Christmas I have some great nephews that I give a knife and a box of .22 shells.  The oldest two nephews are 18 and 20 so I think I will draw those down. The younger 2, twins, are 11 and it is great to hear how they about jump out of their skins to open a new knife and a box of shells.  They get to spend some quality time with their dad shooting and learning how to be boys.  My little contribution to their delinquency. :D

If you look at the junction of the blade and the handle, you will see a little screw and a big screw, and something else that looks like it slides back and forth in a groove. What is the purpose of that thing?

When I first looked at the picture I thought it was a button, for opening an automatic, and I was wondering how in the heck you sent a switchblade to California - even accidentally.

But the description of the knife on the Benchmade website does not say anything about automatic opening, so I assume it is not. It also does not say what the purpose of that slidy thing is.

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

If you look at the junction of the blade and the handle, you will see a little screw and a big screw, and something else that looks like it slides back and forth in a groove. What is the purpose of that thing?

When I first looked at the picture I thought it was a button, for opening an automatic, and I was wondering how in the heck you sent a switchblade to California - even accidentally.

But the description of the knife on the Benchmade website does not say anything about automatic opening, so I assume it is not. It also does not say what the purpose of that slidy thing is.

It’s not an auto.
Red arrow is the pivot pin

Green arrow is the blade release. Benchmade uses a spring loaded axis lock system. You slide the button to the rear to unlock the blade after it’s deployed to return it to the folded position. All manual.
My autos stay in Colorado.

409CE70C-CA35-4AFF-8EFA-CF4AE0828474.jpeg

And made in USA

Dear Uncles Bob and Finangler,

It appears that you are not in possession of my current address.

your loving nephew Wallaby Jack

I have a couple Benchmade knives. Excellent knives. I also have a couple CRKT knives that I really like as well. 

I have a Benchmade Mini Griptilian that I bought in 2005. Other than the coating chipped off the clip it barely looks like it had any age at all. 

nice looking knife , i think i would have liked that one as well - ill send you my address for your next order , 

seriously , glad it got sorted out thats a  nice looking blade 

Since I bought my niece a "Cricket", I am now "Uncle Steve, the influencer" :P

Archived