SASS Wire Forum

Outdated Historical depiction

Just before a segment of Big Valley started there was a warning, “Outdated Historical Depiction “ Really?? We have warnings like this now ?? Unbelievable! 

Yes, it’s what happens when Snowflakes commune on programming with no clue as to anything in real life besides what they can see and buy in their little snowflake neighborhoods. 

There was a black prisoner and they were calling him jackell, referring to a  black cat so they had to say Outdated J guess! I’ve never heard that term as a slur for a black person.

More dumbing down of the populace in the name of Political Correctness!!

Wouldn’t want the unwashed masses to draw their own conclusions!!!

heaven forbid anyone have an open mind and be tolerant of the way things are portrayed in a movie - wasnt there a time when they force fed us all kinds of things that werent acceptable ? 

There was a Disney channel movie called Cadet Kelly. Single mother married the principal? Headmaster? Commanding general? Of a military academy. And she enrolls her daughter in the new school. The daughter ends up on the drill team. Every time they had a commercial showing kids with those white drill rifles, there was a disclaimer across the bottom of the screen. THESE ARE NOT REAL GUNS

Damn.

17 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

WHY?

17 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............ do you reallllllllly want that answer ?   :wacko:

I’m sure the question was at least partly rhetorical!!

On 6/8/2021 at 2:08 PM, Alpo said:

There was a Disney channel movie called Cadet Kelly. Single mother married the principal? Headmaster? Commanding general? Of a military academy. And she enrolls her daughter in the new school. The daughter ends up on the drill team. Every time they had a commercial showing kids with those white drill rifles, there was a disclaimer across the bottom of the screen. THESE ARE NOT REAL GUNS

Damn.

When I was in JROTC (think High School) we used Garands with the firing pins removed.  Sometimes with bayonets mounted!  :rolleyes:

We were actually pretty good, too.  ^_^

Disclaimer ~ this was in the 1960's

I'm all for removing Warning Labels like these On Electric Iron ,, Not suitable for ironing clothes on the Body , 50,000 BTU tiger torch ,, May cause burns ,  and on the electric curling Iron ,, Not for use in the shower ,,, And letting Natural selection run it's course !!!   

Jabez Cowboy

6 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

When I was in JROTC (think High School) we used Garands with the firing pins removed.  Sometimes with bayonets mounted!  :rolleyes:

When I was in JROTC (1957-1960) we had fully functioning M-1 rifles, M-1 carbines, 1911A1 pistols, one 1918A2 BAR, a 1919A4 and a 1919A6 browning machine guns. an 60mm and an 81 mm mortars, a 2.75"(?) and a 3.5" rocket launchers and one recoilless rifle (I don't recall the caliber, but it was small and could be fired from the shoulder.  

We also had .22 rifles and pistols for the shooting teams and carried them to other schools to compete, usually in several of the student's own cars. 

The rifles and carbines all has bayonets.

NOTE: the weapons in red were deactivated but the means of making the functional were in a safe in the C.O.'s office. I carried a 1919A6 at Fort Lewis in 1963 at ROTC summer camp.

It might be noted that the seniors could check out an M-1 rifle and 20 rounds on ammo for a weekend as long as we were up on our grades and didn't have any demerits.

My daughter married a Marine Warrant Officer in 2008.  When he retired in 2011 the ceremonies were held at Coronado on a Navy base and the flag guard came down from Camp Pendleton.  They carried M-14 rifle without bolts. 

I damn near cried when I heard that.

",,, And letting Natural selection run it's course !!!  ...." im all in for that , it was always the way and should be again , weed out the bad genes ----they are reproducing too many like them 

9 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

I'm all for removing Warning Labels like these On Electric Iron ,, Not suitable for ironing clothes on the Body , 50,000 BTU tiger torch ,, May cause burns ,  and on the electric curling Iron ,, Not for use in the shower ,,, And letting Natural selection run it's course !!!   

Jabez Cowboy

The only problem with that is these companies would be sued out of existence, hence the stupid warnings!

Remember the lady that spilled hot coffee on herself? That cost McDonald's a bunch of money and they started putting warnings on their cups! :o

31 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The only problem with that is these companies would be sued out of existence, hence the stupid warnings!

Remember the lady that spilled hot coffee on herself? That cost McDonald's a bunch of money and they started putting warnings on their cups! :o

Everybody else in the restaurant industry also recalibrated the temp on their coffee machines as soon as the lawsuit made the news.

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

This sign should be the norm…

C3D99D00-C927-46B2-9728-60355B3E8E71.thumb.jpeg.6aa512a9979772c84dce6695e374bf2f.jpeg

That would encompass a whole lot of people!!:lol:

I have been rewatching Stargate SG-1 on Netflix. In the very first episode Dr. Daniel Jackson’s wife Sha-re’ is stripped nude to be made a host for the Goa’uld. 
That is the only episode that has nudity worthy of any kind of warning rating yet every episode of that series in Netflix shows a “Nudity” warning at the start of every episode of the full 10 seasons of the show. 
The funny thing is there are two other versions of the first episode with the nudity scene cut but Netflix chooses to run the original cut and paint the whole series with a broad brush. 

Would this be considered PC Morality? The over exaggeration of something fairly minor for the purpose of control? Or…is this a case of pure incompetence being the basis of a conspiracy?

Enquiring minds want to know…:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

When I was in JROTC (1957-1960) we had fully functioning M-1 rifles, M-1 carbines, 1911A1 pistols, one 1918A2 BAR, a 1919A4 and a 1919A6 browning machine guns. an 60mm and an 81 mm mortars, a 2.75"(?) and a 3.5" rocket launchers and one recoilless rifle (I don't recall the caliber, but it was small and could be fired from the shoulder.  

We also had .22 rifles and pistols for the shooting teams and carried them to other schools to compete, usually in several of the student's own cars. 

The rifles and carbines all has bayonets.

NOTE: the weapons in red were deactivated but the means of making the functional were in a safe in the C.O.'s office. I carried a 1919A6 at Fort Lewis in 1963 at ROTC summer camp.

It might be noted that the seniors could check out an M-1 rifle and 20 rounds on ammo for a weekend as long as we were up on our grades and didn't have any demerits.

My daughter married a Marine Warrant Officer in 2008.  When he retired in 2011 the ceremonies were held at Coronado on a Navy base and the flag guard came down from Camp Pendleton.  They carried M-14 rifle without bolts. 

I damn near cried when I heard that.

M18, 57mm recoilless. 

My idea of correctness would be a disclaimer at the beginning of most old western movies:   Warning!   Custer's troops did not have 92 Winchesters!    The use of Colt Peacemakers in Civil War settings is false.   Plus, any idiot that believes this may be a true representation of history needs to do some research!

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

M18, 57mm recoilless. 

Wow! I want one! :D 
Did you see that hunk of concrete flying back towards the camera in the very last scene where they fire the 75mm recoil-less rifle? I wonder if the scene is cut short due to the loss of the camera. 

Cool video. Thanks Utah Bob. :)

1 hour ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

My idea of correctness would be a disclaimer at the beginning of most old western movies:   Warning!   Custer's troops did not have 92 Winchesters!    The use of Colt Peacemakers in Civil War settings is false.   Plus, any idiot that believes this may be a true representation of history needs to do some research!

John Wayne in The Searchers had 92’s and Peacemakers in 1865-66!! :P

6 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The McDonald's case was famous, of course... but there was a fair amount of background that's seldom discussed:

First off, McDonald's policy was to hold and serve their coffee at 180 - 190 degrees Farenheit.  This is actually much too hot to drink, and can in fact cause third degree burns in as little as three to seven seconds. 

McDonald's admitted that they had been aware of this risk for more than ten years, as it had been repeatedly brought up in the more than 700 previous cases.  In fact, their own quality assurance manager stated that the coffee was not fit for human consumption at that temperature - it would definitely burn mouths and throats.  They agreed that customers were unaware of the risk; however, they (McDonald's) had declined to post any warnings.

The 79-year old woman in the mentioned case indeed suffered burns serious enough to require skin grafts - she almost died.  

In her case, she initially offered to settle for $20,000, the amount of her out-of-pocket medical expense.  McDonald's wouldn't go over $800, so off to court they went.  The final award was almost $2.9 million - and McDonald's decided it would be wise, as well as an exercise in common sense, to mebbe lower the temperature as well as warn folks how hot their coffee was.

MARK MARTINEZ' BLOG: THE TRUTH ABOUT THE McDONALD'S COFFEE LAWSUIT ... and  why the frivolous lawsuit movement's a scam

How about the school buses you get behind that have to stop every %$#&! 50 feet to let another kid off right at their doorstep? When I was a kid I actually had to walk a half-mile in the dark to the nearest bus stop. Same going back... get off the bus (even in the pouring rain) and huff it another half-mile home. I guess they figured I was too ugly for anyone to want to abduct so it was okay.

For now it's a warning. Then,  eventual banning.

20 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

That was another world, Hardpan. It had a reality. 

that was a different world - and back then my father said he had a far different world than that , as did my grandfather - im sure some things have been improvements but there has been a lot lost as well 

Archived