SASS Wire Forum

Well then....

I like both actors for different reasons. They would have been oil and water together. Some things should remain separate. 

Someone tried to tell me once that I couldn’t possibly like both men’s movies equally. I had to pick one or the other. Tribal moronic mindset, if you ask me…

I wonder what The Duke would have thought of Clint endorsing the rabidly anti-gun maniac BLOOMBERG for POTUS! He probably would have wanted to slap him!:angry:

It is not too clear why so many actors, that make their living with action/adventure movies, that include them using all manner of firearms, can support anyone that is anti-firearm, anti-second amendment. That sort of smells of hypocrisy. 

I presume they can swallow their leftist mind-set, while they are making the movies that, like as not, will make them even more wealthy, and then take it up again, once the movie is doing well at the box office. 

I pretty much stopped looking up to most actors, and athlete's, in the last few years. Between the anti-gun rhetoric, and taking a knee during our National Anthem, I totally lost my respect for them. I didn't have much, to begin with, but those things made me lose what was left. 

"...I pretty much stopped looking up to most actors, and athlete's, in the last few years. Between the anti-gun rhetoric, and taking a knee during our National Anthem, I totally lost my respect for them. I didn't have much, to begin with, but those things made me lose what was left. .."

i only ever respected their ability to do what they did as a profession , i never respected them for anything els - particularly acting like we should listen to what they had to say on any other subject , but like you im no longer giving any respect to their performance of chose carrier if they take a knee and speak in terms that "offend me" , 

we can all play that "OFFENDED GAME" , its our right as an american 

21 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

It is not too clear why so many actors, that make their living with action/adventure movies, that include them using all manner of firearms, can support anyone that is anti-firearm, anti-second amendment. That sort of smells of hypocrisy.  

Not necessarily. Being an actor doesn't mean you endorse the mindset of your character. We all remember Archie Bunker, right? Well Carrol O' Conner was actually a staunch liberal. Sylvester Stallone playing Rambo by itself shouldn't matter whether he's pro or anti-gun, but the fact that he is a gun enthusiast (he has a large collection and his own private gun range) yet is a vocal supporter of the Brady campaign is what makes him a hypocrite.

Archived