SASS Wire Forum

Scam Alert!

Snakebite

https://bestdefensearmoryandrange.com/shop/

This place shows Winchester Small pistol Primers in stock and ready to ship. $195 for 5000. It has a minimum order of $200, so I started to buy 10,000. Some of the verbiage on the site was just not right.... kinda like Chinese English so I did a search. It came back as being a SCAM, no such address. There is a real place with the same name in Mn, and they report that this place has been trying to steal their name, and that they have been getting calls about Non-Shipment. 

Snakebite

I'll add another probable. Barrel Ammo Depot @5624 Edgemoor Dr, Houston Tx is probably another. Doesn't take credit cards, only takes different forms of "instant cash" or crypto currency.

Any place, whether it be firearm related or not, that doesn't take credit cards but does their business on line is usually going to be a scam.

A bunch of things are "off" when looking at the Best Defense website.

Looks like the framework was lifted from some sort of financial trading company (one policy mentions "Galore" company).

Rather than the usual verbiage e-commerce sites have, this one discusses money laundering and financial trading accounts.

The the quick blurbs for the various linked videos/pages have problems with tense (grammar) or word choice. For instance, everyone can have a "sit" at the table rather than a "seat" at the table.

I'll second it looking like a scam.

I checked out their guns. They had a Colt New Frontier for sale. I copied the image and used google image search to find two other identical website using different names.

honorfirearmsusa.com

royalreloadusa.com

looks like a scam.

@Cholla I went to honor firearms just to see and looked at the section “About Us”.   I got nothing from it couldn’t make out heads or tails out of it, 

TEAM OF PROFESSIONAL 
COMBAT VETERANS

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa.

1 minute ago, Tequila Shooter said:

@Cholla I went to honor firearms just to see and looked at the section “About Us”.   I got nothing from it couldn’t make out heads or tails out of it, 

TEAM OF PROFESSIONAL 
COMBAT VETERANS

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa.

This common when using a word press template to make a website. The template has nonsense in it that the user is supposed to replace with valid wording.

5 minutes ago, Cholla said:

This common when using a word press template to make a website. The template has nonsense in it that the user is supposed to replace with valid wording.

Thought maybe it was Latin

"Any place, whether it be firearm related or not, that doesn't take credit cards but does their business on line is usually going to be a scam."

Cypress Sam, does this mean my 20+ year old business is a scam??? You should be more careful when you generalize, some people might not take too kindly to being called scammers.

19 minutes ago, Outlaw Gambler said:

"Any place, whether it be firearm related or not, that doesn't take credit cards but does their business on line is usually going to be a scam."

Cypress Sam, does this mean my 20+ year old business is a scam??? You should be more careful when you generalize, some people might not take too kindly to being called scammers.

Hey, Backoff.... your own name says it all................ You are a OUTLAW! :P

31 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Thought maybe it was Latin

A portion of it is Latin. Jibberous, but some Latin in there. Not quite Life of Brian (From Google Translate)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed tempor and vitality, 
so that the labor and sorrow, some important things to do eiusmod. Over the years, I will come, 
who will nostrud aliquip out of her the advantage of exercise, so that stimulus efforts 
if the school district and longevity.

Want to be a pain in the cupidatat cillum has been criticized in the Duis et dolore magna 
flee produces no resultant pleasure. Excepteur cupidatat not excepteur 
they are blacks, they are at fault.

But Cholla is correct. It is the filler used when building a website.

La Sombra

(Who has too much time on his hands)

10 hours ago, Outlaw Gambler said:

The last time that I bought an item from you, you did take credit cards. Also, please note the word USUALLY. Usually doesn't mean always. I never meant to imply that your business is a scam. How on earth you came up with that is beyond me. Lighten up Francis.

Also, this is Cypress Sun, not Cypress Sam.

1 hour ago, La Sombra said:

A portion of it is Latin. Jibberous, but some Latin in there. Not quite Life of Brian (From Google Translate)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed tempor and vitality, 
so that the labor and sorrow, some important things to do eiusmod. Over the years, I will come, 
who will nostrud aliquip out of her the advantage of exercise, so that stimulus efforts 
if the school district and longevity.

Want to be a pain in the cupidatat cillum has been criticized in the Duis et dolore magna 
flee produces no resultant pleasure. Excepteur cupidatat not excepteur 
they are blacks, they are at fault.

But Cholla is correct. It is the filler used when building a website.

La Sombra

(Who has too much time on his hands)

It just goes to show that only the Shadow knows. :ph34r: :FlagAm:

What are y'all worried about?!  The FBI just 'revealed" that they can trace back the Bit-Coin.

Got the money back for Colonial - they will be taking your money next.

Sun, Sam, Son of Sam, Spam, Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs :D

Snake bit Johnson

34 minutes ago, Snakebite said:

Sun, Sam, Son of Sam, Spam, Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs :D

Snake bit Johnson

Sun...yes

Sam...no

Spam...no

Son of Spam...no

Son of Sam (not the murderer)...yes

Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs...no...but I have read Little Red Riding Hood before.

Wooly Bully...no

Archived