SASS Wire Forum

ATF proposed rule changes on pistol braces.

Raylan

It's over seventy pages with worksheets that include non-objective criteria, and include such things as backup iron sights. Depending how someone decides how to interpet such nebulous criteria could determine if someone is potentially guilty of a crime with a 10 year sentence. All through rewriting the law without any new legislation. They are purposing to create new felony crimes without legislation. 

That’s a hoot! You can submit comments. As if they would follow their own time limits or even entertain comments. 

Anone recall why the Declaration of Independence was written?…something about tyranny, abuse of power, etc…

Just wondering, does anyone how many crimes can be attributed to these “braces”?

How is it that a “brace” is okay one year and all of a sudden it rates being controlled under the NFA? Which in my opinion is unconstitutional

image.jpeg.ca735eb17153b7dcd09629b4777e44ed.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

If you pay $200 you can have a real stock as it’s a sbr.  The arm brace is a way to get around making it a sbr.

I know, you missed the point. They (the government) want your money and have no problem making up rules to get it.

Just now, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I know, you missed the point. They (the government) want your money and have no problem making up rules to get it.

Imho It’s not just about money.  It’s about making it hard to do.  Last I checked it was 11+ months to get a sbr approved.  I imagine several hundred thousand applications should speed up that wait time. It also means you can no longer take that gun between states without prior approval unless it’s converted to a legal configuration, either pistol or rifle depending on what it was before it was a sbr.  

14 hours ago, Raylan said:

It's over seventy pages with worksheets that include non-objective criteria, and include such things as backup iron sights. Depending how someone decides how to interpet such nebulous criteria could determine if someone is potentially guilty of a crime with a 10 year sentence. All through rewriting the law without any new legislation. They are purposing to create new felony crimes without legislation. 

Yup.  That's exactly what happened when they allowed the 'brace' in the first place. 

Odd how decades of the ATF using 'interpretation' of laws was bad- until they slip up and come up with one that's actually more lenient than the real law.  NFA'34 has been around for over 80 years and the definition of a SBR is still the same.

Then, the administrations- and upper management at ATF- changed and now the new management is going to eliminate them.

I expect all of those pump shotgun 'pistols' to be next- especially since they exist the exact same way as the little AR pistols with the brace/buttstocks do.

NFA is and always has been unconstitutional. SBR was only in NFA because the original plan was to do pistols, so they put I in SBR's to stop people from making their own pistol arms from long arms. When the congress balked at doing pistols. They struck out the pistol language  but didn't bother to remove in the then/now nonsensical SBR language. A Federal Court has struck down the bumpstock ban as over reach by ATF. The pistol brace actually has a real function for disabled. ATF is going to get F'd if they follow through, people are done with their crap.

Archived