SASS Wire Forum

:ph34r:  My Henry Golden Boy was purchased second hand, and I may be more than second owner.  At any rate, it has served well for several years.  Minor smoothing made it a true delight...... and it was until it started having extraction troubles.  Thought maybe substandard QC on bulk .22 ammo, but then an odd-sounding report signaled serious trouble.  The rear of the the barrel split on both sides at the breech (9 and 3 o'clock) fully to 2" beyond the forward edge of the receiver, almost to the rear sight.

Never seen such a thing.  Been using plain old garden variety (cheapest) .22 long rifle in it.  Having no paperwork, I googled Henry and called the number found.  Next day got a phone call from a very nice lady who took some info and then sent me a shipping label.  Packaged it up and UPS came and took it away.  Since then I've received 2 emails advising as to status;  RECEIVED, and In line for evaluation in Warranty department.  Included was an apology for having a failure, and a promise to resolve issue to my satisfaction.

Refreshing to encounter this level of service.

6 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Henry has the reputation for absolutely first rate service!

I agree.

I've worked on a couple with various problems and Henry has always been good to

work with in fixing those situations.

AND, I might add that when the owners have abused their Henry's,  Henry was always good

in sending me new parts to replace as needed.

..........Widder

I need to send my 45-70 single shot back to Henry for their recall. I have spoken to Henry’s customer service a couple of times and they have been wonderful to deal with. 
When I bought my single shot rifle they packaged it well except a business card like card was slipped into the bag that held the rifle. During shipping and due to vibration that card wore a little tiny blemish in the bluing. I called Henry to tell them that they need to reevaluate putting those cards in the packaging. They offered to replace the barrel! I did not expect that. I decided not to worry about the blemish. 

After I bought my single shot in early 2018 I called Henry to see if they were considering other cartridge options. At the time they offered .223, .308, 45-70 and .44 Magnum. That was all. 
I called them to see if they would eventually offer other cartridges in the line up. The lady I talked to said “We will wait and see how these do in sales before we expand the line up.”

She then asked if I had any recommendations and I told her that I would bet that .30-30 and .357 magnum would sell very well. 
Apparently I wasn’t the only one asking because within a year they offered 30-30 and .357 and now the have a couple more. 
Here is a screenshot as it is just easier. 
5009E670-18C8-4C96-A39A-F1D012A12C0A.thumb.png.88bfa9b6df78eff58aac63b9bdc7e667.png

I bought a 2nd hand one a few years ago.Took it to our sportfest for kids.Was watching it being shot.Some thing didnt look rite so pulled it off line. El Mulo Vaquero & I took it to the side to check it.It seemed to get blowby.Checked the fired brass & it had a hole blowed in the side of the case.

Turned out where the extractor went in the chamber was broke out.Called Henry about getting the barrel replaced.Sent it to them.They sent me a complete new rifle.Great customer service.

Largo

13 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  My Henry Golden Boy was purchased second hand, and I may be more than second owner.  At any rate, it has served well for several years.  Minor smoothing made it a true delight...... and it was until it started having extraction troubles.  Thought maybe substandard QC on bulk .22 ammo, but then an odd-sounding report signaled serious trouble.  The rear of the the barrel split on both sides at the breech (9 and 3 o'clock) fully to 2" beyond the forward edge of the receiver, almost to the rear sight.

Never seen such a thing.  Been using plain old garden variety (cheapest) .22 long rifle in it.  Having no paperwork, I googled Henry and called the number found.  Next day got a phone call from a very nice lady who took some info and then sent me a shipping label.  Packaged it up and UPS came and took it away.  Since then I've received 2 emails advising as to status;  RECEIVED, and In line for evaluation in Warranty department.  Included was an apology for having a failure, and a promise to resolve issue to my satisfaction.

Refreshing to encounter this level of service.

Sounds as if someone fired a round after a squib!

Archived