SASS Wire Forum

Wright-Patterson AFB Access with RV after EOT

Null N. Void

On my way back from EOT, I'd like to stop at Air Force Museum.   I will have a RV with all my guns in it, locked appropriately for interstate transport.  Can I drive to the Museum and park there?  I don't know if you have to go through Gate Security to get to the Museum.  Any help would be appreciated!

Null N. Void

I would call or check out their website. I went there quit a few times as a scout leader and I don't remember a check station but that doesn't mean things haven't changed.

The museum is not in a secured part of the base, you do not go thru a security gate to get there. There is plenty of parking and can accommodate an RV with no problem. It’s a great museum and you should plan a full day visiting.   If you are still nervous about the firearms your welcome to park your Rv at my place, assuming you have a tow vehicle. I live approximately 30 minutes north.

4 minutes ago, mean gun mark said:

The museum is not in a secured part of the base, you do not go thru a security gate to get there. There is plenty of parking and can accommodate an RV with no problem. It’s a great museum and you should plan a full day visiting.   If you are still nervous about the firearms your welcome to park your Rv at my place, assuming you have a tow vehicle. I live approximately 30 minutes north.

Thank you, that's what I was looking for!  I'm looking forward to visiting it!

NNV

8 hours ago, Null N. Void said:

Thank you, that's what I was looking for!  I'm looking forward to visiting it!

NNV

I visted that Museum years ago. You are in for a treat, don't cut your time short.

And there is no admission cost!

If you have knee arthritis, be sure to take some Aleve before you start, it is a lot of walking and standing on concrete.

Do you need to provide you Social Security number to get to the museum?
If not, then probably not a problem.
Best to err on the safe side, rather than be turned away.

Archived