SASS Wire Forum

Interference?

Shooting Bull

On 6/6/2021 at 7:58 AM, Shooting Bull said:

Shooter is done with rifle, stages it safety on table and begins to move to the next shooting position. One of the spotters yells multiple times, “One more! One more!” Shooter moves back and checks rifle but finds it is in fact empty. Is this interference and grounds for a reshoot?

Nothing in OP about how many rounds were actually fired. Seen this a few times because the shooter jacked a round, of course it's empty.

Most times I've seen "one more! or "round on the carrier", etc. called, the shooter is halfway to the next position & takes 12+ seconds to correct the situation. Often, they're off their rhythm at this point & can get a P or a miss or two to go along with the MSV. A good TO on his game & focused can often make a good decision whether to keep their mouth shut so as to not make things worse. And, I think that's very often the best decision.

1 minute ago, Max Payne said:

Most times I've seen "one more! or "round on the carrier", etc. called, the shooter is halfway to the next position & takes 12+ seconds to correct the situation. Often, they're off their rhythm at this point & can get a P or a miss or two to go along with the MSV. A good TO on his game & focused can often make a good decision whether to keep their mouth shut so as to not make things worse. And, I think that's very often the best decision.

Yer right...usually screws up the stage even worse. Good intentions by the T.O. no doubt! 

But it's the inconsistence of coaching that really hurts the competition.

Phantom

1 minute ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yer right...usually screws up the stage even worse. Good intentions by the T.O. no doubt! 

But it's the inconsistence of coaching that really hurts the competition.

Phantom

I know if we have lots of TO's, there are gonna be some good ones, some mediocre, & some bad. But it sure is nice when the TO is focused & has the experience to make timely decisions on when to help(?) & when to "1st do no harm". Reading the rules on a regular basis, watching "What's the Call" on Facebook, & reading these threads makes a better TO. There are lots of "what if's" that at first blush aren't crystal clear in the rules. However, for anyone who enjoys seeing them & paying attention to experienced shooters comments (like PWB) & many others can learn a lot. I guess it's how enthusiastic you area about our sport & how willing you are to learn more every day. Some of us shoot once a month, & some shoot 5+ times a month. When riding home after a shoot, Ophelia Payne & I almost always say, "Man that was fun!), even if it wasn't a spectacular performance. I'm pretty thankful & blessed that I have a life partner who loves this as much as I do.

3 hours ago, Ranger Dan said:

Nothing in OP about how many rounds were actually fired. Seen this a few times because the shooter jacked a round, of course it's empty.

Sorry for the omission.  10 rounds fired as per stage instructions.  It would have been improper coaching if it had come from the TO and grounds for a reshoot.  But since it came from a spotter the OP was created. :)

Archived