SASS Wire Forum

T Minus 5 days till EOT :)

Sarival Slim

You are much more prepared than I am, or at least more organized...

See you there.

For anyone thinking about crossing the Mississippi river at Memphis the I-40 bridge is still closed. 

Currently late August is the best guess for it to reopen.

All the traffic is being routed to the I-55 bridge.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

For anyone thinking about crossing the Mississippi river at Memphis the I-40 bridge is still closed. 

Currently late August is the best guess for it to reopen.

All the traffic is being routed to the I-55 bridge.

And traffic on I-55 is very much stacked up during anything resembling normal hours.  I took that route on the way to the Mississippi State shoot in Byhalia.  At around noon on Thursday, 5/27, it took 46 crawling-bumper-to-bumper minutes to get from West Memphis to Crump Blvd. on the east side of the river.  Be prepared if you have to go that way.  The flip side is that there was no traffic at all when I left at 5:00 AM to head back home on Monday, 5/31...

CS

We are coming around the long way. Came up from Texas and shot the Iowa State match (Classic Cowboy Showdown!), then to Wisconsin to shoot the Wisconsin State Match (thanks Rock River Regulators!). Now headed to the top of the country to swing around upper Michigan, then come back down by Detroit then End of Trail. 

Seeing a lot of the USA that never been to before, and shootin along the way.

8 minutes ago, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

We are coming around the long way. Came up from Texas and shot the Iowa State match (Classic Cowboy Showdown!), then to Wisconsin to shoot the Wisconsin State Match (thanks Rock River Regulators!). Now headed to the top of the country to swing around upper Michigan, then come back down by Detroit then End of Trail. 

See you in two weeks!

That part of the country is beautifull!!

We were in Maquoita,Iowa for family reuinion, saw a bit of that area.

Regardless of what Deacon KC says...House On The Rock is awesome!!! (In Wisconson!)

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

See you in two weeks!

That part of the country is beautifull!!

We were in Maquoita,Iowa for family reuinion, saw a bit of that area.

Regardless of what Deacon KC says...House On The Rock is awesome!!! (In Wisconson!)

Well........Nyah!

I just put in for the week off. I didn't get in to shoot but I can help out! Kaya turns 21 on the 22nd so I'll be at her party that night but I'll be there all I can.

20 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

I just put in for the week off. I didn't get in to shoot but I can help out! Kaya turns 21 on the 22nd so I'll be at her party that night but I'll be there all I can.

I opted to volunteer and not shoot for many EOTs from 2006 on...

Really saw more folks by not shooting than I did shooting!!!

12 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I opted to volunteer and not shoot for many EOTs from 2006 on...

Really saw more folks by not shooting than I did shooting!!!

That's my hope. Look for a skinny guy in a kepi!

• Sarival Slim changed the title to T Minus 5 days till EOT :)

I head out Friday, a lot of my stuff has been packed up for over a week. Will load the car tomorrow (Thursday) after I get home from work.

Head out Saturday am, shoot with the Firelands Peacemakers and then head to Etna Green.

I too am excited to attend my first EOT!!!  Anyone know the round count on shotgun targets, Pistol rifle easy to calculate but not Shotshell? Maybe confidential

50 minutes ago, Dungannon Gunner said:

I too am excited to attend my first EOT!!!  Anyone know the round count on shotgun targets, Pistol rifle easy to calculate but not Shotshell? Maybe confidential

Figure 4 per stage and take twice that amount. ;):ph34r:

Don’t know the exact amount but most 12 stage matches will probably have 8 stages with 4 shotgun and 4 stages with 6. Of course if you have a lot of make ups you need to figure that in.   I take 3 boxes for main match. That always keep my belt full. If I need more than that, I should have stayed home. 

Here is Murphy's Rule of Ammo Use: Count the stages, multiply by 6, then double that amount!

Sassy had to cancel out Thursday due to eye issues resulting in extreme light sensitivity and pain. Brother and grand daughters will keep her happy.  She of course would not have it that I not make my 21st EOT.  Long time friend, Texas Jim Henry, will be my traveling partner leaving Saturday morning hoping to arrive at range Sunday afternoon to possibly leave cart somewhere then on to Hampton in Warsaw.

Meant to go to West Memphis then up I55/57 but with above info might look to going up thru Jonesboro, AR. then over to 55.  Try to make it as far north as Marion or Mt Vernon, IL on Saturday.

You all be safe.

12 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Figure 4 per stage and take twice that amount. ;):ph34r:

That’s what I do. Plus a box for side matches. Then just as I am leaving I throw in another box! 

19 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

We’re a mite slow. The four of us will saddle up and be on the trail about 6 am Tuesday.

The discussion on another thread about which posses would be shooting when have caused me to reconsider this one.  We're going to leave Monday afternoon, spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express in Tennessee, then roll in around lunch time Tuesday.  I figure that way I'll not only be more rested, I'll be really really smart.....for a while. 

On 6/7/2021 at 8:03 AM, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

Howdy!!! Looks like you get us this year. Posse 7

Archived