SASS Wire Forum

First match

Lucky Bastard

Well I shot my first s.a.s.s. match. It was a learning experience. The guns worked flawless. I shot pretty good. Had ammo issues due to a soft crimp on my reloads. I had a bunch of issues with it. But used some ammo from another member in the last round and shot clean and didnt come in last. So a great day. Even with the issues, I had fun. I am tired but I have a smile on my face. Now to order a die for my reloading rig and some rest. Going to try to make it to a shoot next week. But it all depends on when I get the new die in..

Shake those nervous feelings.  There is nothing to be nervous about.

Consider yourself out on the range plinking with some friends at some steel targets.

Its o.k. to have some anxieties and excitement.   But go ahead and get your mind set

that there is NOTHING to be nervous about.

Be safe and have yeowndangself some fun with friends.

..........Widder

Sounds like maybe you were telescoping rounds in the rifle mag tube? You can go ahead and re-crimp with the standard die if you were not having feed issues. Just in case the new die doesn't make it in time. Try pushing the nose of the cartridge into the edge of the table and see how much force it takes to move bullet. If you can't move them by hand they are plenty tight.

2 hours ago, four plains dave said:

That's great. i am going to shoot me first match tomorrow . honestly I'm a little nervous . so it was good to hear from you Lucky . hope the die shows up in time.  

I know it would have been amazing  if I didnt have ammo issues. I didnt pay attention to the clock. But the jamming  issues  I was having because  the bullets swedging the cases out just was nerve wracking.  But I will fix and over come.

56 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Sounds like maybe you were telescoping rounds in the rifle mag tube? You can go ahead and re-crimp with the standard die if you were not having feed issues. Just in case the new die doesn't make it in time. Try pushing the nose of the cartridge into the edge of the table and see how much force it takes to move bullet. If you can't move them by hand they are plenty tight.

That the thing I couldn't move them but still did telescope 

Archived