SASS Wire Forum

assault weapons ban unconstitutional

A light in the darkness.  Whether it’s a candle or a spotlight remains to be seen.  Encouraging though!

Duh.

:D

Benitez issued a stay on his own ruling (again) to allow the State of California time to appeal. While I agree with his ruling I think it a huge mistake to in the next breath stay his ruling.
Let it take effect and remain in effect until the State of California manages to appeal and get a reversal.

20 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:
Benitez issued a stay on his own ruling (again) to allow the State of California time to appeal. While I agree with his ruling I think it a huge mistake to in the next breath stay his ruling.
Let it take effect and remain in effect until the State of California manages to appeal and get a reversal.

So, I guess I shouldn’t go ahead and order the Magpul furniture and the YHM flash hider for my featureless AR-15 that can function exactly as designed except it doesn’t have evil looking components that scare hand-wringing bed-wetters?

419024BC-87E0-455D-8998-4DBBD713F0B6.thumb.jpeg.3624d51c4dd0f39483b20ac0a0a7c47d.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

So, I guess I shouldn’t go ahead and order the Magpul furniture and the YHM flash hider for my featureless AR-15 that can function exactly as designed except it doesn’t have evil looking components that scare hand-wringing bed-wetters?

419024BC-87E0-455D-8998-4DBBD713F0B6.thumb.jpeg.3624d51c4dd0f39483b20ac0a0a7c47d.jpeg

You know the drill:

CA appeals.  3 judge panel of the 9th Circuit upholds.  CA asks for en banc hearing which overturns.  Plaintiff appeals to SCOTUS.  SCOTUS  denies cert.

6 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

You know the drill:

CA appeals.  3 judge panel of the 9th Circuit upholds.  CA asks for en banc hearing which overturns.  Plaintiff appeals to SCOTUS.  SCOTUS  denies cert.

Yes, very well. 

I used to feel that an armed March in Sacramento would scare them into relinquishing their hold on our Second Amendment rights, but then I remember a certain group called the Black Panthers did that in the 60’s and kicked off the California Democrat’s gun control platform in this state. I guess you can’t have armed Black Folks storming the castle, now can you?

Want to spin up a California leftist?

Tell them California gun control is based on “racism”! They will lose their minds or shut the hell up. Try it. It’s fun! :D

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I used to feel that an armed March in Sacramento would scare them into relinquishing their hold on our Second Amendment rights

Pat, back in the early 90's we had a gathering on the State Capital grounds.  There were several THOUSAND of us!  It was a well organized, peaceful event, with some terrific speakers and displays.  I'll never forget Willie Brown* peeking out his office window and watching us.

That night the news reports stated that a "few dozen protestors gathered at the Capitol today," and basically described us as a handful of oddballs or loonies, and the "film" was of the more outlandish folk present (there weren't many, but there are always a few).

*Willie was the then Speaker of the Assembly, later Mayor of San Francisco and future Boy-Friend of Kamala Harris (although he was married at the time); credited for giving her her initial boosts in politics.

Edit:  I think that if we had a group of NRA supporting grandmothers giving away cookies on the Capital Grounds these days the media would depict it as another January 06 debacle.  :huh: :(

Following. But not optimistic.

I love the judge’s quote from former Governor Pete Wilson’s veto message on a prior version of the bill/law just overturned: “If this concerned hot sports cars first they’d label them Chariots of Death and then ban a Rambler with racing stripes and wire wheels”. 

Seamus

Any fifth grade school kid could tell you that the ban is unconstitutional!!

It takes an overeducated IDIOT to obfuscate the Second Amendment’s wording to mean otherwise!!

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Any fifth grade school kid could tell you that the ban is unconstitutional!!

It takes an overeducated IDIOT to obfuscate the Second Amendment’s wording to mean otherwise!!

They don't teach the Constitution in school anymore. 

Seriously. 

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Pat, back in the early 90's we had a gathering on the State Capital grounds.  There were several THOUSAND of us!  It was a well organized, peaceful event, with some terrific speakers and displays.  I'll never forget Willie Brown* peeking out his office window and watching us.

That night the news reports stated that a "few dozen protestors gathered at the Capitol today," and basically described us as a handful of oddballs or loonies, and the "film" was of the more outlandish folk present (there weren't many, but there are always a few).

*Willie was the then Speaker of the Assembly, later Mayor of San Francisco and future Boy-Friend of Kamala Harris (although he was married at the time); credited for giving her her initial boosts in politics.

Edit:  I think that if we had a group of NRA supporting grandmothers giving away cookies on the Capital Grounds these days the media would depict it as another January 06 debacle.  :huh: :(

I have a friend who is a member of the Michigan militia that peacefully assembled at the State Capitol. The were described, and are still described, as an armed assault in the mainstream media. 

Interesting to note that the judge issued a 30 day stay, because he knows and we know that the state will appeal and get it stayed during the appeal. But I digress, what is interesting is the date that the 30 day stay ends.............July 4th. I'm pretty sure the judge issued his ruling on the date he did with the 30 day stay so that it would run out on the 4th of July.

Archived