SASS Wire Forum

It Has Rained So Much That.....

Brazos John

Driving down the road, I got a ticket from a Texas Game Warden for No Life Jacket.

Borrowed from Fayette County Sheriff Keith Korenek.

13 minutes ago, Brazos John said:

Driving down the road, I got a ticket from a Texas Game Warden for No Life Jacket.

Borrowed from Fayette County Sheriff Keith Korenek.

You too. :P

Bone dry here. Gonna be a bad fire season I’m afraid.:(

We had a bit of rain back in March, and don't expect any more 'til November.  Typical.

Predictions are for the a worse fire season than last year - which was absolutely terrible; more than four million acres burned.  Even though we were perhaps forty miles from the nearest fire (the "Creek Fire"), the air was choking with smoke for weeks on end.  There was so much smoke that it caused hazy skies in New York, and even reportedly reached as far east as the Netherlands.

I think it would be a hoot if some downwind states would sue Emperor Newsom for his poor forest management policies and its impact.  :rolleyes:

Denver and much of the Front Range got a lot of rain in May and earlier this week. Rained so hard one day I saw three frogs being swept down the gutter, drowning! :o:P Very cool and cloudy.  Now, "somebody" threw the thermostat switch and the prediction is for a hot and dry June!  :(

Truman Lake up around 11 feet above normal. Should be around 1200 miles of shoreline.

An "Aw, Poop!" graphic....   :huh:

As Half-Breed Pete's pop used to say, "Drier'n a popcorn fart!"  :mellow:

327154955_Drought1.jpg.2549ba0bad5de2c3df51504b7eeabf2f.jpg

It rained so hard here that the birds couldn’t fly, but some of them were doing the backstroke to get from treetop to treetop!!

Pretty normal around here. Looks like no rain for 4-5 days and then a couple days of rain here and there. We’re a little below normal as of late.

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Years ago I saw car simulating submarines. :blink:

Saw a lot of that in Texas...They did not seem to be the smartest ones going under overpasses...

Texas Lizard

Maybe they have improved...That was back in the early 70s....

48 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Saw a lot of that in Texas...They did not seem to be the smartest ones going under overpasses...

Texas Lizard

Maybe they have improved...That was back in the early 70s....

Nope If anything there are more of them. :(

I just emptied an inch measured from my rain gauge in the side yard. Probably more coming later this afternoon. It's quite humid out there as well. Wife is inside in the air conditioning so she can breathe better. She who hates air conditioning.:blink::lol::blush:

We’ve had above average rain April, May, and now June is heading that way.  Summertime down here it can rain any afternoon just from the heat and humidity. 

44 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

It’s rained so much that the mushrooms have fungus :lol:

If ya'll are anything like we are, you need a fresh edge on your pocket knife to go outdoors.  That way, you have a chance of cuttin' off a piece of air to chew on.

It's only 72% humidity right now.

Archived