SASS Wire Forum

More CCL permits in California?

Yes, but just wait and see what requirements they burden the people with that want a permit. Bureaucrat Leftists are very good at regulation and control under the guise of stupidity and incompetence. 

Here in CA, I have no intention of getting a CCW permit.

If I ever have to use it, my life will change forever.
I will go to prison, our home and assets will be gone, and my wife will be out on the street.

36 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I will go to prison, our home and assets will be gone, and my wife will be out on the street.

But you'd be alive!!

Yeah, I'd be alive.
My rectum would be married to my cell mate, and/or the General Population for the rest of my natural life.
My wife would be forced into living with one of our kids.

Frankly, at this late stage of my life, I'd rather be dead than subject my wife to all that.

This is a real possibility for us.
ANTIFA/BLM had a rally scheduled last summer about 100 yards from our house.
If one of these thugs is aiming a Molotov cocktail at my house or vehicles, I have only two choices:

Defend what is mine, and suffer the above consequences
Stand by, and let them burn me out.

2 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Yeah, I'd be alive.
My rectum would be married to my cell mate, and/or the General Population for the rest of my natural life.
My wife would be forced into living with one of our kids.

Frankly, at this late stage of my life, I'd rather be dead than subject my wife to all that.

This is a real possibility for us.
ANTIFA/BLM had a rally scheduled last summer about 100 yards from our house.
If one of these thugs is aiming a Molotov cocktail at my house or vehicles, I have only two choices:

Defend what is mine, and suffer the above consequences
Stand by, and let them burn me out.

Not necessarily, you'd at least have the right to defend yourself in court and with a CCL there are protections against all the things you're saying even in California! There's also insurance you can buy to help you with legal costs. USCC (or something like that) I prefer to use my right as an American with a CCL to defend myself and loved ones. You have the right I say use it!! 

2 hours ago, bgavin said:

sad but true 

52 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

sad but true 

Not really!

3 hours ago, bgavin said:

California us actually pretty good about use of lethal force. 

What if you wind up defending yourself against a protected species... i.e. BLM or ANTIFA?
You have multiple thugs carrying Molotov cocktails.. you defend yourself with 10 rounds of 44 mag XTP or 8 rounds of #1 buck...

I'm not nearly as concerned about being mugged on the street, as I am about these thugs in front of my home with fire and baseball bats.

5 hours ago, bgavin said:

Hogwash, put that big brush away.

My SD episode in Gardena was called justified in 2 weeks.

Had my gun returned with no issue and no civil suits went to trial. 

OLG 

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Hogwash, put that big brush away.

My SD episode in Gardena was called justified in 2 weeks.

Had my gun returned with no issue and no civil suits went to trial. 

OLG 

Statue of Limitations has expired? 

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

No crime committed by me so that doesn't apply in any way.

Let use your newly adopted state of Missouri.
This is a firearm-friendly state, far more so than CA.

The McCloskeys committed no crime by standing armed to defend their home from BLM attack and looting.
The McCloskeys are charged with felony gun crimes.

Even though they are both rich and lawyers, it will cost them dearly to defend themselves.
I have been on both sides of the legal system.
Every time you turn around, your lawyer has his hand out for another $5,000 retainer check.
This goes on for YEARS.

As I said above, "been there, done that."

Consider the grief of the McCloskeys in gun-friendly Missouri, but moved to gun-hostile California.
It makes no difference if a crime was committed or not... once you are locked into the sewage pipe of the legal system, you have to crawl all the way through to the end.

Q: how many $5,000 checks can you write, right now, before you run out of money and then have to sell your home, etc, etc.

6 hours ago, bgavin said:

The McCloskeys committed no crime by standing armed to defend their home from BLM attack and looting.

Even though they are both rich and lawyers, it will cost them dearly to defend themselves.
Every time you turn around, your lawyer has his hand out for another $5,000 retainer check.
This goes on for YEARS.

Consider the grief of the McCloskeys in gun-friendly Missouri, but moved to gun-hostile California.
It makes no difference if a crime was committed or not... once you are locked into the sewage pipe of the legal system, you have to crawl all the way through to the end.

Q: how many $5,000 checks can you write, right now, before you run out of money and then have to sell your home, etc, etc.

I think they’ve been exonerated and he is planning on running for Congress. I’m not 100% sure but they have not spent any time in jail and they have a lot of support from the gun community.

8 hours ago, bgavin said:

Buy one of the cc insurance plans . 
I’m sure you’re family would like you to remain here. Plus what if you can prevent a family member from being harmed.

Personally I’d rather be poor and alive, you can always make more money. 

I am nearly 71 years old and the end of trail is visible in the distance.
Being stripped of my home, possesions and investments leaves me no way to "make more money".

If you want to be poor and alive, put down the computer, step outside and walk away.
Don't eat, don't take anything with you, because it is all gone.
Don't come back because you don't have a home to come back to, because it is gone.
Stand on the side of the road and figure out what you are going to do next.
That is "poor and alive."

Until such time as you have experienced, and paid for, the legal system, you are clueless about how helpless you truly are.
If this sounds like tin foil hat stuff.. it is only because you have not yet experienced what the legal system can really do to you.

I remain highly skeptical of CC insurance plans.
They strike me as just another scam targeted at those who carry.

I figure my situation will be defending my home from ANTIFA/BLM, and not a concealed carry situation at all.
This is a lose/lose situation, no matter which choice I make.

9 hours ago, bgavin said:

This goes on for YEARS.

I'm 70 years old, I ain't go'n down easy. Last one that tried didn't survive. 

Look where the incident occurred. 

The Governor has already said they would receive a full pardon. 

You really need a new 'brush' :lol:

OLG 

Try this on:
You have just been arrested for a gun crime, and are now in the back of the cruiser in cuffs.
After you are booked, you make a phone call to get bailed out.
Because it is a gun crime, bail is set at $50k...  this is the first check you write for $5,000 (non-refundable).
Next, you hire an attorney, and that is the second $5,000 check you write for his retainer.

I ask you.. right now, can you write $10,000 in checks?
I don't think so.

This is $10k you have spent long before your case is heard, or your governor gives you a pardon.
Here in CA getting a pardon for a gun crime simply is a wet dream.

Many folks think farming is easy work, when they plow with a pencil.
The reality is very different.

How many $5,000 checks can you write.
Right now?
Big brush?  I don't think so.

8 hours ago, bgavin said:

Try this on:
You have just been arrested for a gun crime, and are now in the back of the cruiser in cuffs.
After you are booked, you make a phone call to get bailed out.
Because it is a gun crime, bail is set at $50k...  this is the first check you write for $5,000 (non-refundable).
Next, you hire an attorney, and that is the second $5,000 check you write for his retainer.

I ask you.. right now, can you write $10,000 in checks?
I don't think so.

This is $10k you have spent long before your case is heard, or your governor gives you a pardon.
Here in CA getting a pardon for a gun crime simply is a wet dream.

Many folks think farming is easy work, when they plow with a pencil.
The reality is very different.

How many $5,000 checks can you write.
Right now?
Big brush?  I don't think so.

You refuse to listen  to 3 respectable law abiding Californians who know what they’re talking about! Don’t carry then!!! I’ll take my chances and protect myself and family !

40 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You refuse to listen  to 3 respectable law abiding Californians who know what they’re talking about!

Don't make it personal.. that is just plain insulting.

I hope none of my friends here ever get crushed by a criminal defense costing hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Bravado counts for nothing when the cuffs are on and one is facing felony gun crime charges.
Especially here in CA, as an old white man.

Even if found innocent or exonerated, there is no refund.

Here is an article that provides some food for thought.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/31/mccloskey-persecution-shows-no-self-defense-is-possible-without-a-lawyer/

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

I hope none of my friends here ever get crushed by a criminal defense costing hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Bravado counts for nothing when the cuffs are on and one is facing felony gun crime charges.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/31/mccloskey-persecution-shows-no-self-defense-is-possible-without-a-lawyer/

But there’s a refund and some companies pay in advance. And yes there are documented cases of these cc insurance companies paying out . What are you going to do if someone burns your house down or you get in a car accident that is determined to be your fault? Get a bad disease . Many people buy insurance for things that can financially ruin them . If someone kills you or a loved one all the money in the world won’t do you any good. 
If I didn’t have insurance”which I do” I would still gladly dip into my savings for bail and legal fees to be alive . Statistically you are very unlikely to ever shoot anyone but there are many cases where having a firearm deters the attack. 

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

It’s only personal in your mind! That article is nothing more than a huge advertisement for CCL insurance which is not a bad thing to have. I mentioned no one by name but one had an experience without insurance. Go back and read it! My intention was not to insult you so that’s your opinion.

Facts are stubborn things.

Just keep dancing to your own tune. I stay in the real world. 

BTW, you have no clue what my bank balance is. I will say we have no house payment to deal with in our new home.

Carry on,

OLG 

There is no “What if”, only “what is”. As my Company Commander said to us in boot camp “You can what if the **** out of anything. Always be prepared for ‘what is”.

If you want to defend yourself, then do!

If you don’t want to defend yourself, then don’t. 
If you don’t want to do what is necessary for your choices, then don’t. 
If you want to defend yourself then do what is necessary to do so, or don’t. 
Don’t lash out at others for your choices. 
Don’t make your problems every one else’s. 
They’re yours. No one else’s. 

Archived