SASS Wire Forum

Midway and the Carbines - Prices Posted and Other News

Midway has sent out notice that orders will be accepted next week:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for signing up for information on the M1 Carbines! We’re excited to offer this 

opportunity to our Customers. As promised, we’re only notifying Customers who signed up to be notified about this rare opportunity to own a genuine piece of WWII history.

We have GREAT NEWS – We’ve finished sorting and grading the M1 Carbines and will turn them on for sale Tuesday, June 8 at 8:00 AM CDT

AND they have prices posted:   Link to Prices

And now for the bad news:  :(

886285543_MidwayCarbineNotice.thumb.jpeg.2fd153b50238a50ac28ae10ca32d022a.jpeg

Hardpan....that just sucks.:( Suck for the rest of law abiding citizens of California also.

I got the email too. Looks like they are going to be out of my price range right now....oh well. Should have never sold the ones that I had years ago. Oh well, sooner or later one will pop up at a reasonable price.

holy cow.  they sure have gone up.  my son has an Underwood Carbine that the CMP rated as rack grade and would likely fit in the fair to good description priced at 1199.  He has been wanting to sell it to buy a car .  He might could at that price.  

I really don’t want one of those M1 Carbines, mostly because there are so many other guns that I want, but this is just one more thing to add to the list of negatives about this state. 

Their price is a bit high for my taste. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I really don’t want one of those M1 Carbines, mostly because there are so many other guns that I want, but this is just one more thing to add to the list of negatives about this state. 

Yeah... it's kinda high.  But if you check 'em out on GB, the prices are pretty consistent with what they're selling for.  :mellow:

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Hardpan....that just sucks.:( Suck for the rest of law abiding citizens of California also.

Emperor Newsom and his cronies win.  :(    

Yeah, I'm out. I just bought a CMP M1 Garand and a CMP 1911 is soon to be coming so another $1200-$1800 is not going to happen.

I just realized I have some plywood in the garage that I could sell! At $102 a sheet I may be back in the running.

I got my M1 Carbine, through the N.R.A., back in the 60's.

I believe I paid $65.00 for it. 

It was/is in perfect shape, made in 1943. 

Great firearm, and super fun to shoot. 

If I did not already have one, I'd buy one, or a clone, at least. Kahr/Auto-Ordinance, makes a clone, to just name one source. 

It is one firearm I would not be without. I recommend them. 

I feel sorry for our Pards in California, that can't order these (and many other things). My prayer is, that some day, sanity, and common sense, and capitalism, will come back like a tsunami.

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

They aren’t too high for my taste. They are for a fact too high for my wallet.

2 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I feel sorry for our Pards in California, that can't order these (and many other things). My prayer is, that some day, sanity, and common sense, and capitalism, will come back like a tsunami.

California will only get worse... and other states will follow their stellar example. 50 years from now nobody with any sense will want to live in this country.

19 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... so, this mean that these firearms have not been "Cali - fornicated" ???   :huh:

Yep, it means that if you live in California, your are just F@#$ed!

I can second the Hardpan's statement that the prices aren't out of line.  I bought an early production Inland in good to very good condition that has the flip-up rear sight.  The gun was imported from Ethiopia which acquired it before the M1's were arsenal upgraded.  The importer was Interarms & sold by Royal Tiger Imports.  They still advertise M1 Carbines.  The only thing I can tell isn't original is the handguard which has 4 rivets instead of two. 

P.S.  It is odd that Midway USA won't sell to customers in CA.  Their website doesn't list any restriction on CA firearms sales.  I assume the restriction would be no CA assault weapons or handguns not on the CA DOJ list or SA revolvers that  don't meet the minimum dimension requirements.  The rifle ships without a magazine. 

Archived