SASS Wire Forum

Just when you thought it couldn't get any weirder...

I'd never even heard of it, but evidently yesterday the California Senate passed SB 519 ~ to legalize "magic mushrooms" and LSD.   :blink:

As I've said often, every time I think the place can't go any faster down that highway to Hell, they open up a new lane.   :wacko:

LINK

There are certain medical conditions that magic mushrooms can help.  Cluster Headaches are one of them. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/cluster-headaches/2021/04/02/66ac73f0-8cdc-11eb-9423-04079921c915_story.html

https://neurosciencenews.com/psilocybin-migraine-17313/

What about peyote!!

I’m thinking that California has bcome a different kind of “CLUSTER”!

The Granola State         fruits==flakes and nuts.      Sorry I know thats old, but I still like it    GW

Hell, why not?! It’s all about how one “feels”. It’s not about progress or advancing society. It’s all about the proletariat being self centered, self absorbed and having one’s own way in this state…unless it goes against the state and it’s agenda then it is bad and must be dealt with. 

I never think it can’t get any weirder.

6 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

why not heroin is legal !! that is working out great in san fran !! 5 dead junkie a day

I have never understood why heroin is illegal for the terminally ill.
Evidently, we have not yet had enough politicians watch their loved ones scream and scream while being eaten alive by cancer the size of grapefruits.
Morphine dulls the pain somewhat, but heroin blocks it.

One of my clients has a son with sickle cell anemia.
She believes this is why so many black kids are junkies: heroin cuts the pain, which she says is substantial.

Those dying from cancer are not at risk of being junkies.
They are going to die.
IMO, they should legalize heroin to ease the passage.

Back to the wackos:  SF and Berkeley are now banning natural gas appliances in new construction.
No more gas cooking or heating.
That way.. when the electric power goes out, you are dark, cold, unbathed AND hungry.

7 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I'd never even heard of it, but evidently yesterday the California Senate passed SB 519 ~ to legalize "magic mushrooms" and LSD.   :blink:

As I've said often, every time I think the place can't go any faster down that highway to Hell, they open up a new lane.   :wacko:

LINK

I like to think of CA, and a few other lefty states as the Autobahn to hell. 

Too many people associate any talk of psychedelics with the hippies in the 60s.  There are a ton of recent studies showing their benefits for everything from pain treatment to depression,  I have first hand knowledge of people that would not be here without that option as a treatment.  I will never consider giving people more freedom to make their own choices a bad thing regardless of who proposes the idea.       

Grown up human beings should be allowed the right to decide what to do with their bodies. 

When those decisions impact others it becomes a quandary. 

Take drugs of any sort. Get bent. Straighten out go back to work. 

Problem occurs when the person can't control the need for the drug of any sort.

Used to be able to look to at a wino or junkie and tell your kids that's no way to be. Don't do that. Problem occurs now that those are deemed acceptable life choices and beyond the user's control.

So should we provide a social safety net for people who choose to stay intoxicated or let them deal with the consequences of their actions?

I am all for “freedom”.

I am also for “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”.

I am all for the “Bill of Rights”.

I am all for medical uses for all drugs, not just the ones pharmaceutical companies control. 

What I am not for is when these “people” and their “freedom” impacts my little piece of America. 
I will not go to a park here. 
I will not go to rest stops or any wayside area open to the public for free.
Why, because of dirtbags, scumbags & sh**bags. Stoned stupid scum. 

I limit what I do in this state because I don’t want to be around Commies, BLM morons, dopers, stoners and dipsh**s. 
You can’t even go to the beach without having to deal with one or all of these “people”.

Years ago I never thought California could become what it is. Boy was I ever wrong. 2 years and counting. 

Oh yeah, I found out to get the retirement benefits that was expecting I gotta stay an additional 6 months in this….place. It’s like a fricken prison sentence and I got tagged for bad behavior. 

Aldous Huxley was a visionary.   All oppressive governments seek to keep the citizens peaceful and compliant but who would have thought it would be the USA racing to legalize drugs for recreational reasons in the 21st century.

Soma has arrived - right here in 21st century America.

11 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Oh sweetie, we haven't even began to get weird yet...

431841_10200554455641527_242628590_n.jpg

What Pat sez.

Medical use of psychedelic's is one thing.  Some argue that "recreational" use is okay; perhaps, to a limit.

But Pat has reminded me of some really startling things I've seen in my life - not surprisingly, much of this during the time I spent in San Francisco.  I strongly suspected that these likely involved "psychedelic drugs."  

I once watched about a dozen or so motorists barely avoid a potentially serious crash when they locked up their brakes.  Why?  A half-naked woman pranced into the middle of a busy intersection, climbed onto the hood of a stopped car and with a wide grin started to pick imaginary butterflies out of the air.

A work buddy and I were walking back to the office from lunch in the Financial District.  We spotted a man on a ledge, maybe six or seven stories up.  The building had balconies, but this character was sitting on a ledge outside a window, grinning and staring off into space.  We ran to a nearby phone booth and called the police... and were told to hold "while we transfer you to that department."

Another time I did watch a man jump - he laughed all the way down.  Fortunately, someone had called the police and fire department, and the firemen caught him with a life net.  Some of my work colleagues weren't so lucky - another drugged "flyer" landed on the pavement next to their cab.

There were countless other things I saw - and a couple of buddies on the SFPD used to tell me some downright amazing stories; some hilarious, some not so much.

Ironic, isn't it, that this bill was authored by the state senator from San Francisco? 

10 hours ago, Wayward Slim said:

There are certain medical conditions that magic mushrooms can help.  Cluster Headaches are one of them. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/cluster-headaches/2021/04/02/66ac73f0-8cdc-11eb-9423-04079921c915_story.html

https://neurosciencenews.com/psilocybin-migraine-17313/

I had cluster headaches for years.  I quit smoking overnight in 2005 and have had exactly two cluster headaches since.  Nothing else ever even came close to working.

Remember what worked for me may not work for anyone else on the planet.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I had cluster headaches for years.  I quit smoking overnight in 2005 and have had exactly two cluster headaches since.  Nothing else ever even came close to working.

Remember what worked for me may not work for anyone else on the planet.

I have had them for almost 8 years.  I don't drink, or smoke yet I will still go through cycles of up to 8 headaches a day.  Nothing doctors or neurologists prescribe makes any huge difference other than pure oxygen.  This is a subject that is very personal to me.  Most people can't even imagine the pain that is involved with just one cluster headache much less going through them over and over.  Here is something that can help and bring long lasting relief from just one treatment.  Instead people are just focusing on where the idea came from so it must be crazy.  Even a broken clock is right a couple times a day. 

Medical use is one thing recreational is another.  

LSD is some nasty stuff. Flashbacks can be worse than the original trip and can happen anytime without warning.

5 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Medical use is one thing recreational is another.  

LSD is some nasty stuff. Flashbacks can be worse than the original trip and can happen anytime without warning.

as libertarian as i might be most of the time im thinking its fine for them to OK all this stuff but why on earth are they in the same breath trying to outlaw tobacco ? the true progressive thinker [if thats a real thought] should be looking to OK everything , 

i think it will all come back to bite them in the behind but till then this is just going to create another mess , you cannot tell me that their traffic situation will improve , unless all the users stay put in whatever place they may be using , 

will CA one day designate these products as a carcinogen ? you know thats a possibility , do we then file massive lawsuits for massive settlements ? there are lawfirms set up for just that that are currently concentrating on asbestos - one day they will run out of mesothelioma patients , 

When we were living in San Diego, one of the local junkies broke into the house next door and looted their electronics.
He fenced it all and got enough to buy a nice bag of smack.

They found him dead in a public toilet at the beach.
No great loss.
None at all.
And no more burglaries from this guy, either.

Archived