SASS Wire Forum

SOLD: Pair of engraved Taylor’s in .357 mag

WatchMan

Brand new set of engraved Taylor’s Cattlemen with the four and three-quarter inch barrels. Purchased them for my wife and with all the Covid and such, she hasn’t been able to go out in a couple years and she’s lost interest. Too many toys!!  Like to get $2,000 for the pair.  Can ship to your FFL or local PPT in SoCal.  

9DFDCE08-0189-40DC-A0B1-3D1575043A06.jpeg

045BBDEF-2AF1-4E76-BBF3-A795042CF8FA.jpeg

DA1F8FEF-BE57-4AB2-B8E1-DA88C970CF2F.jpeg

33C94579-FDDE-40F8-9F76-669F1C879B71.jpeg

11 hours ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Are these Uberti or Pietta? Also are they stainless or nickel? 

Uberti fine sir!  And they are stainless. 

9 hours ago, Last Call Saul said:

trade to a new pair of SASS vaqueros in 357?

Oh man, lemme think about that one......

These aren't in the white like the Taylor's photo engraved cattleman, are they?  I've heard of people getting them mixed up.  Why, my dad once walked out of a gun shop with a NIB nickel Uberti cattleman that he thought was stainless.  Apparently both he and the salesman had gotten it wrong.

Gorgeous revolvers either way.

LOL, I am bombarded on PMs with people who want to buy my SASS vaqueros :)

I do have an extra pair but have a buyer (or 3) for them locally and will not sell online.  Doing a trade is something different

thanks!

After some research pretty sure these are NOT stainless but in the white and heat treated.

Now are they fixed firing pin 4 click or the newer spring loaded firing pin?

thanks for any clarification.

13 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

After some research pretty sure these are NOT stainless but in the white and heat treated.

These look like 4 click.  Hammers have no cutouts

This is what new model hammer looks like

700awe_703awe_pic2_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Heya!  So yea, learned me something today.  They ARE White Heat Treat, you’re absolutely correct!   They have the 3-Click with the firing pin in the hammer.   Hope that helps. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Saul might be but the cylinder pins don't look like they have 2 steps, unless they are all the way in ?

I'm interested but want to KNOW!

Thanks for your input in any event.

Three click action, hammer is solid with firing pin in hammer.  They are also white heat treatment like Saul said, kuddos to Saul!!

2 hours ago, Last Call Saul said:

These look like 4 click.  Hammers have no cutouts

This is what new model hammer looks like

Saul that might not be the answer always. I have one of the new three clicks I recently bought. I just looked and it does not have the cut out.

49 minutes ago, Stony Lane said:

Saul that might not be the answer always. I have one of the new three clicks I recently bought. I just looked and it does not have the cut out.

That's interesting.  I thought the all 3-click models got the hammer safety vs pin safety... but uberti is known to piece meal 

oh, sorry.  I will have to retract my offer... I wish they were 4 click.  I have 4 click older El patrons and was going to sell them to have these instead next to a pair of SASS vaqueros, but I do love my 4 clickers!

1 hour ago, Last Call Saul said:

oh, sorry.  I will have to retract my offer... I wish they were 4 click.  I have 4 click older El patrons and was going to sell them to have these instead next to a pair of SASS vaqueros, but I do love my 4 clickers!

No worries!   

27 minutes ago, Wild Willi said:

Hard to tell from the pics but these are laser engraved correct, not hand engraved, and not Uberti?

Morning!   They’re photo engraved and then hand engraved.   They are Uberti as well.  

https://taylorsfirearms.com/hand-guns/cartridge-revolvers/1873-single-action-revolver-series/cattleman-photo-engraved-rev.html

I have a set of these fine revolvers and mine are the four click, no cut out on the back of the hammer, firing pin fixed in the hammer and they are Uberti, smooth as silk right out of the box! Good luck on the sale Watchman!  SCJ

IF the firing pin is solid in the hammer, they would be a 4 click action upon cocking.

Simple way to tell with the hammer down does the FP protrude into the frame?

Man being interested in these is tiring?!

7 hours ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

IF the firing pin is solid in the hammer, they would be a 4 click action upon cocking.

Simple way to tell with the hammer down does the FP protrude into the frame?

Man being interested in these is tiring?!

They are definitely a three click action and the firing pin is part of the hammer itself and does protrude when the hammers down.  

Sorry I really am interested in these but your descriptions do not jibe:blink:

IF the firing pin is fixed and  protrudes into the frame they would make 4 clicks upon cocking . If it males 3 clicks it’s a spring loaded pin!:huh:

unless Uberti has a new design  which I 

doubt ??? But I could be wrong as I oft times am!!!!!!  Bueller.....Bueler....anyone?:ph34r:

42 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Sorry I really am interested in these but your descriptions do not jibe:blink:

IF the firing pin is fixed and  protrudes into the frame they would make 4 clicks upon cocking . If it males 3 clicks it’s a spring loaded pin!:huh:

unless Uberti has a new design  which I 

doubt ??? But I could be wrong as I oft times am!!!!!!  Bueller.....Bueler....anyone?:ph34r:

Lemme send a video Monday!  

• WatchMan changed the title to SOLD: Pair of engraved Taylor’s in .357 mag

Archived