SASS Wire Forum

Game Cams

Game Cams - Experience and recommendations?  

Affordable is important - $450 Browning is out of the question.

I've got four Bushnell Trophy cams - the current version runs about $120. Eight AA batteries and removable SD card. The older version, like I have, is 5 Mp, I think, and they've been great units. The batteries last over a year, and take several hundred pics. I've had batteries last two and a half years, and I've had 3000 pictures on a card between battery changes. 

The neighbor gave me a couple of Wildgame cameras he got on sale at Cabela's.  He couldn't get the first one to work.  The second was still in the indistinguishable packaging.  I set them at the cul-da-sac.  Takes great pictures 

1 minute ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I am looking for 1 part animal watching...the other part is to discourage the two legged animals!!!

I originally purchased my Bushnells to keep an eye on my place - I had an ex-wife "afraid for her life" who had a habit of driving up here, breaking windows, breaking keys off in car doors, stealing things, etc. I made it known I had cameras, and she never tried it again.

26 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Man, does it really have the quality of photos that they show on Amazon? I added one of these to my wish list. 
Thanks Okie Sawbones. :)

If you do not need to read it remotely on your cell  phone try the cam that Wal Mart sells for 29.95.  It is amazingly good for the money.

Duffield

21 minutes ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

If you do not need to read it remotely on your cell  phone try the cam that Wal Mart sells for 29.95.  It is amazingly good for the money.

Duffield

It won't do me any good to have it sent to my phone, as LEOs are 45 minutes away.

Just clear so faces can be recognized!

Alwrighty!  I had Sassparilla Kid on the phone as he was driving home (radio Bluetooth - hands free!)... he pulled into the Sporsman's Warehouse in Fresno to check their stock.  Based on his reconnoitering, I dashed into town (40 minute drive each way) and bought a Mossy Oak Gamekeeper 20 MegaPixel.  Marked down from $139.99 to $99.99 - and supposedly with a $30 rebate!  ^_^

I'll report back on how it works.

First off, though, I gotta figure out this "rebate" thing.  Department manager sez I gotta register for it online with Mossy Oak, but I see nothing at their site.  :huh:

covert-nbf32__50300.1621623253.jpg?c=2

Covert Scouting Cameras NBF32

Features:

• Dimensions – 5.5” x 4.875“ x 2.5”
  • 52° field of view
  • .4 second trigger speed
  • 100 foot flash range
  • 1080p hd audio/video
  • 8 aa batteries
  • invisible flash technology
  • 1-10 turbo shot burst
  • maXimum Silence image capture
  • time/date/temp/moon phase stamp
  • 1.5” color viewerv vpipe through security
  • up to 32gb sd card
  • reinforced tripod mount
  • 2 Year Warranty

6 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Alwrighty!  I had Sassparilla Kid on the phone as he was driving home (radio Bluetooth - hands free!)... he pulled into the Sporsman's Warehouse in Fresno to check their stock.  Based on his reconnoitering, I dashed into town (40 minute drive each way) and bought a Mossy Oak Gamekeeper 20 MegaPixel.  Marked down from $139.99 to $99.99 - and supposedly with a $30 rebate!  ^_^

First off, though, I gotta figure out this "rebate" thing.  Department manager sez I gotta register for it online with Mossy Oak, but I see nothing at their site.  :huh:

covert-nbf32__50300.1621623253.jpg?c=2

Covert Scouting Cameras NBF32

Features:

• Dimensions – 5.5” x 4.875“ x 2.5”
  • 52° field of view
  • .4 second trigger speed
  • 100 foot flash range
  • 1080p hd audio/video
  • 8 aa batteries
  • invisible flash technology
  • 1-10 turbo shot burst
  • maXimum Silence image capture
  • time/date/temp/moon phase stamp
  • 1.5” color viewerv vpipe through security
  • up to 32gb sd card
  • reinforced tripod mount
  • 2 Year Warranty

I think a scouting camera would be just the thing for you.

15 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Game Cams - Experience and recommendations?  

Affordable is important - $450 Browning is out of the question.

ewok-costume-49-chewbacca-costume-97-dressing-up-to-mess-with-your-neighbours-trail-cam-priceless-1610550354.jpg

15 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Man, does it really have the quality of photos that they show on Amazon? I added one of these to my wish list. 
Thanks Okie Sawbones. :)

Pretty good. I've seen fox, bobcat, raccoon, and coyote. We're double fenced, so no deer. No feral hogs.

16 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

How interesting.

Bought the camera ~ I asked about the rebate, and the SW guy said "you have to go online and request the rebate from Mossy Oak."

LOTS of online searching last night - no joy.  Did register the camera, but nothing about rebates.

Called Mossy Oak in Mississippi - "Not us.  We just market; any rebate from the manufacturer, 'Covert'."  I requested and was given their number.

Called Covert - "Y'all know sumpin'... we get these cawlls all the tam.  It's not us that gives out them rebates; it's the REE-tailer.  Y'all gotta cawll them up."  [the young lady had the sweetest Southern accent! ^_^]

Called back Sportsman's Warehouse and spoke with the manager - after he put me on hold for a few minutes to check it out, he came back and was quite apologetic.  He said that there was apparently some sort of a marketing snafu and to just bring in my receipt when I can and he'll give me the credit.

I'd call that pretty decent customer service!  :)

When Sportsman's Warehouse went bankrupt a decade back, several of the stores in the northwest were purchased by a Canadian sporting goods chain. Folks came into the stores with SW gift cards and rewards cards and were ticked off that they couldn't use them, so finally the Canadians started honoring them for a period... six months maybe it was. 
Eventually, the Canadians decided they didn't want the hassle of having a dozen stores in the US, and SW bought them back. It was a mess.

29 stores in the USA and lost money on each one United Farmers Of Alberta , have gotten a "Yearly " dividend since then .... 

Seems they lost My Money, but still kept the management that made the Stupid move ....

They are hiring Young Women managers with NO experience in either Farming or Hunting and Shooting ....

Jabez Cowboy

Archived