SASS Wire Forum

Opposite of Bucket

We all know the "bucket list" is places to see, things to do, etc, before kicking the bucket.

So what's the opposite?

I propose a "chuck it list."   Things you would never, ever do, eat, visit, etc, ever again.

Who has a "chuck it" entry to share?

Visiting a place known as the House on the Rock, a F. L. Wright house designed and built for an "eccentric" client. The weirdness oozes out of the walls at that place!

Never:

-  visit Pakistan

-  eat, or watch someone eat, balut pinoy

-  ride your unfared motorcycle from Redding, CA, to Bend, OR, starting at 10 pm the night before Thanksgiving.

Other than that, go for it.

Balut is a 3 beers in 10 minutes thing. 

If you down 3 in 10 it seems like a good idea

New York City, Atlanta, Mexico, Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, the beach anywhere!! 
Oh yea I forgot Chicago!! That’s #1

44 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Visiting a place known as the House on the Rock, a F. L. Wright house designed and built for an "eccentric" client. The weirdness oozes out of the walls at that place!

I LOVED 'HOTR'!!!

We took 5 of the 6 kids... they were fascinated too!

I read the story on how it came about...but I thought it was a John someone?

I guess I kind of have a “Chuck It” list but I also have a “F*** That!” list of things I will definitely never do.

The list includes things that many people like and enjoy. I prefer not to list them because it seems whenever I have brought these up to others (not here but with family and acquaintances) I have managed to tick someone off or hurt some feelings. 

Things to never do again...?  

For starters:  

Sit across the table from someone eating a balut.  Cannibal!!  

Ride down California Street in San Francisco in a 1962 Buick without verifying the sobriety of the driver. 

Marry a nurse.  Or anyone of any other profession, for that matter.  :unsure:

I have to agree with Pat...

I have a (and I don't use that word) list..

I have not been anywhere I would not give a second try.

But,  I will NEVER

Jump from a perfectly functioning aircraft.

Repell from a cliff for fun.

Jump off ANYTHING attached to a bungy.

You get the idea...

I mean, I trust in the Lord, but sometimes he knocks you in the head for putting him through the 'test'.

I was just reminded of these things by an email I received this morning from Google Reviews.

Step foot in: Capitol Tea Garden at 11th&T Sacramento, La-z Boy Store, Any Luis' Mexican Restaurant Sacramento, Panera Bread Restaurants.

Anything on Singin' Sue's list

.That's all for now.

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Ride down California Street in San Francisco in a 1962 Buick without verifying the sobriety of the driver. 

Do I detect another Half Breed Pete adventure here.

Never get married again (3 times is enough for one lifetime); never eat eggs again (I love them but they don't love me anymore); never have a pet snake; never vote for someone with a D after their name; never darken the door of several businesses again; never use Fakebook again.

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I have to agree with Pat...

I have a (and I don't use that word) list..

I have not been anywhere I would not give a second try.

But,  I will NEVER

Jump off ANYTHING attached to a bungy.

You get the idea...

I mean, I trust in the Lord, but sometimes he knocks you in the head for putting him through the 'test'.

Those are easy. How about riding a bull that would like to kill you.?

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

And this is what makes the world go ‘round, Sue. I’ve done both of them bucket list items, and couldn’t believe that not only did Uncle Sam pay me while having such fun, he paid me a little extra!

I miss those days. 

5 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Back in the 80s, we toured Falling Water (FLW house near Connellsville, PA).
Back then, they weren't so tweaky about "stay on the trail", so I got down in the creek to get the waterfall shot.
Today... we visited again in 2017. all regimented now.. big tourist center, massive high prices, food gouging.. ad nauseum.

For me, this ranks right up there with Disneyworld Orlando, as a "chucket" item.

2017.11.05-Fallingwater.360x72dpi.burn.dodge.R0.G24.G86.richcolor.exp50.jpg

2 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

And this is what makes the world go ‘round, Sue. I’ve done both of them bucket list items, and couldn’t believe that not only did Uncle Sam pay me while having such fun, he paid me a little extra!

I miss those days. 

Yup...My Marine would jump in a heartbeat...droolsxat cliffs!!!

i have visited the custer battlefield a great number of times , the first made me think a lot , the second i took my wife and it was different , but it is important so i took my kids , by then it had changed to the point id thought never to go back , but then grandkids came , then more grandkids , im not going to take any great grandkids [i wont live that long] i dont want them thinking thats what i experienced my first time , 

and no - it was not WHITEwashed back then , it was just clean and neat and reverent to both sides much as i experienced at the civil war battlefields of that time , presented as it occurred and with no malice to any 

in my mind its important to present "with no malice to any " , we are all americans here in my mind , 

my non bucket place at this point 

Archived