SASS Wire Forum

Actual sales?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

Anyone actually bought and paid for any ammo in the last couple months?

Not what you heard or saw on gb or whatever....

I saw 100 rounds of 22 sell for 52 and 12 for shipping.

Im thinking about selling my own ammo for big big bucks....maybe?

Best

CR

Better act fast. Prices are starting to come down a bit. 

I bought 2 boxes of PMC .45 ACP in January for $40 each. That is the only ammunition I have purchased in a over a year. 

Edit: I am pretty sure the guy knocked $10 off per box because I am a loyal customer. 

I just broke into my second box of 17HMR that I bought from Grafs last year on sale for less than $9/50.  Now they are listed at twice that and out of stock.  At one or two shots a week through the summer months,  50 will last a long time.  Just 3 shot so far this season (2 hogs).  Son Chris has two boxes and no gun to shoot them in so maybe he'll bring them along when he comes to visit.  

411478792_Marlin17VSgroundhogAug2019.jpg.df84dde28376d93df0c98fe13c0d819b.jpg

Yeah you have missed the peak market.  It’s probably 25% or so down from the high point....still good money but not near what it was.

every day I get more and more emails about in stock ammo available and sales....I think the drop may become more aggressive as folks spend on other things for the summer and panic subsides.

I personally was selling .223 hornady vmax rounds that I bought years ago for 1.50 a round.  I sold a box of 1,000 S&B primers for 200.  I sold two 50 round boxes of 357 golden saber for 100 bucks each.  

Spent the profits at the strip club and bar, then I just blew the rest.....

2 hours ago, JD Lud said:

“Spent the profits at the strip club and bar, then I just blew the rest.....

Atta Boy!!  :lol:

Cat Brules

Seeing prices creeping down and supplies SLOWLY getting onto shelves again.

100 rounds .22 short for $12.50

50 rounds 12 ga. competition for $10.00 

50 rounds 12 ga. black powder for $13.50

Haven't needed much so I haven't been grazing around for much.

I just bought my first 20 ga., an Ithaca Model 37 made in 1951 and have never owned a single round of 20 ga. ammo.  I'll start shopping tomorrow for a couple of boxes.

In the last couple months? Let's see, I bought a few boxes of 9mm, a few .45acp's, I've picked up some primers here and there but that's about it.

Local Scheels has had several hundred trays of Winchester small rifle primers on hand since Thursday.  I went over yesterday and they're still there, for the most part.  Limit of two trays per day.  No other primers in stock, or if any are coming.  Lots of shotgun ammo, but almost all hunting loads.  Handgun ammo comes and goes.  Two hundred round boxes on Winchester 9 mms were there over a week ago, but they went pretty quickly.  Price was around $35 per 100 if I remember correctly.

Archived