SASS Wire Forum

Update your stinking website

Creeker, SASS #43022

On 6/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, Cholla said:

Updating a website takes some tech savvy. The Actionshootingnetwork makes the learning curve less steep but it is nowhere as easy as a FB page. I have been using the ASN for a year and I still have trouble sorting things out when I want to post a match or scores. And a FB group page can have multiple administrators so the burden of posting events, scores, and news doesn’t have to be on one person’s shoulders. 

Howdy Cholla, you can have multiple admins for a Club Page on ASN. Click the gear in the club page image and select manage, then click the admins tab. The admins do have to be a member of ASN to be admin of your page. Anyone that is an admin on your club page has access to upload match results, create events or update shooters as the Club. 

I can forgive volunteer run organisations...its money making concerns like GUNSHOPS that irritate me with their websites.  "In Stock" on a shops website these days apparently doesn't actually mean IN STOCK.  Maddening.

As to the use of FB by clubs....  Well..OK....YOU may not like it..but that doesn't mean its a bad route to keep folks in touch.... Its YOUR choice not to use the platform, right? 

I agree with Creeker on many points and I have my own experiences in this matter. As some of you know I write the Web Blasts column for Muzzle Blasts. Since 1997 I have featured 10 websites in every issue that would be of interest to the readers. If the website is a shop, store, or club and it doesn't have something showing activity, I don't feature it in my column. If they are a valid entity, they are loosing money or potential members by not keeping up on their website. I see websites that have not been updated since the late 1990s! I see some websites claiming they are now on FB. Great! I go to their FB page and the last entry was five years ago?

Could I call them using the number shown? Yes. But in this day nobody wants to answer their phone with an unknown phone number so I would have to leave a message and hope for a return call which leaves my column in limbo. As frustrating as it is, I don't have that much time so I move on.

My limit is two years. If I don't see something updated in the last two years I move on.

So, you want more shooters? Post recent photos. Post match results. Post upcoming match dates. Do something to keep it active and accurate.

And, the SASS website now has our ASN and FB pages listed for our club. Thanks to Ruby Ruthless!

Archived