SASS Wire Forum

Tackling my jogging stroller gun cart

Lucky Bastard

Well I got a jogging cart for 20 bucks from a member.  And I had some really thick plywood laying around. Bought a surplus  gernade crate at a antique store

For 40 bucks and some buttstock buckets and 2 guitar wall mounts.  I may have 100. Into it when I'm done. Love to see some scrapper carts. Cobbled  together ones. 

My missus had a cart made for me when I started,  I named it cartzilla! It's an awesome cart but big and heavy.  Not good for traveling.  Bought a jog stroller, a couple of ATV gun mounts took the baby tray off put a chunk of plywood in the basket and good to go.  About  $75 in to it.

Rafe 

3 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

And you reeeeealy don't need a box so big that you can pack for a week in it.

Just sayin...

Phantom

I'm a big man

I like to eat. Lol

Plus being new. Extra ammo

Built this to put my C&B loader on.  Went to one match and when I got home I unscrewed it and tossed it in the trash.  Weight directly over the front wheel is not your friend.

PB150004.jpeg

over the years ive come to a better understanding of FLWs "less is more" attitude - only carry what you need , only cart what you need and a very little bit more if you desire - enjoy your shoot more less exhausted at the end of the day , 

This one uses a plastic ammo can between the gun butts. Guns are held in place by those magnets they make for holding guns in trucks, etc. A small tray has been screwed to the front panel to hold smaller items.

gc3-1.jpg

Some scrap wood-scrap leather-old box-roadside freebie jogger and about 10 bucks in hobby lobby knick knacks
Weighs about 30 lbs? I put it in back of the pick up so it doesnt fold.

IMG_4170.JPG

IMG_4402.JPG

IMG_4403.JPG

Archived