SASS Wire Forum

WTB Non SASS Grips

AlOvera

Hello all, I am in need of a pair of original S&W K frame target grips.  These would be the "Coke Bottle" style that came on the K-22 and K-38 pistols.  I have two new sets of Pachmeyer rubber grips I can offer in part trade, or will purchase outright.

Thanks

Al

If you tell us what gun they're for,  and part of the serial number, and if it's round or square butt, we could maybe help. S&W used a number of different grips on their K frames over the years. Or post a photo of what you're looking for.

Cokes were only used on N frames. I believe you're looking for what are called Target grips, or Presentation grips, as opposed to Service grips (which are smaller).

18 hours ago, Hoot Gibson said:

If you tell us what gun they're for,  and part of the serial number, and if it's round or square butt, we could maybe help. S&W used a number of different grips on their K frames over the years. Or post a photo of what you're looking for.

Cokes were only used on N frames. I believe you're looking for what are called Target grips, or Presentation grips, as opposed to Service grips (which are smaller).

Hoot, upon further investigation, you are right on the use of the "coke bottle" grips on only the larger N frame.  I guess what I'm looking for are the "Target" grips that Willie has listed above.  I have a pristine K-38, 5 screw, 1954 build, that someone replaced the grips with some cheapo rubber thingies, and I would like to return it to it's proper state.  All the "K" series (model 16, 17, &14) used the same square butt frame.  Willie, if you read this, PM a price and we'll talk.  

Thanks all

Al

21 hours ago, Wild Willi said:

Original Coke bottle grips are  going to be in the $300 range is this what you are looking for or just target grips, I think I have target grips

Look Like these

S&W K.jpg

Willie, PM me.

Al

12 hours ago, AlOvera said:

Hoot, upon further investigation, you are right on the use of the "coke bottle" grips on only the larger N frame.  I guess what I'm looking for are the "Target" grips that Willie has listed above.  I have a pristine K-38, 5 screw, 1954 build, that someone replaced the grips with some cheapo rubber thingies, and I would like to return it to it's proper state.  All the "K" series (model 16, 17, &14) used the same square butt frame.  Willie, if you read this, PM a price and we'll talk.  

Thanks all

Al

Al, to be as correct as possible, you'd need to find the grips like the first or third photo. The middle photo came in about the time your K-38 was made, so they would be also, probably. (Nothing is written in stone, especially when it some to S&W.) All have the diamond around the screw hole. The diamond went away in the mid 1960's.

The first (Magna stocks) are pretty easy to find, and not terribly expensive ($55-$100). The third version (target stocks)  is getting up there ($150-300). The middle (also target stocks) is a bit less than the third, but still spendy ($125-250). Much depends on condition, of course. I'd say these prices are for good or great condition. YMMV

There are late model reproductions, so be careful if you go to the auction sites. Most folks are honest, and it's not difficult to tell the difference, if you know what you're looking at. If you want to put in the effort, try doing a search on "S&W diamond grips" and go to the "images" part of the search.

The grips the gunsmith,sass#3075 posted are of the middle type, and would likely be correct for your S&W.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

On 5/31/2021 at 3:44 PM, the gunsmith,sass#3075 said:

I have a pair of K diamond grips. There is a small chip in the top of the left side grip. Could be fixed easily. I'm open to a fair offer for them.

20210531_163618.jpg

20210531_163708.jpg

Sent PM

Al.

Archived