SASS Wire Forum

SKB 200...$6 part!!!!

Rancho Roy

When a tiny $6 part turns a 22-24 second stage into a 39 second stage......SKB 200E Sear Spring #606192....$6 each.......If you have an SKB I'd order a few from the SKB web site....Or get creative and convert to coil springs for much more reliability......Not sure if there are any gunsmiths doing this type of modification?

BTW....While you are at it, you might want to order two Cocking Lever Springs #606900 for $4 each. Same flat spring that after a while will fail or get weak. This is why God invented coil springs! Oh, and hammer springs are #606500 @ $25 each......Might want a set before you can't get them any longer......

IMG_20210531_084103794 (2).jpg

I've owned the gun for 6-7 years........20-25 matches a year. Not sure if the springs are original or not. 

UPDATE!....I just went down to the shop to see if I could figure out how to convert these four springs (Two sear and two Cocking lever) to coil. I'd successfully converted my Mirouku O/U trap/skeet gun to coil from leaf for similar function.

First of all, small "coil spring pockets" would need to be machined into the bottom plate and it simply is too thin to do this.....Therefore I don't think it is possible.

But more importantly, I realized that the Cocking Lever Springs had been removed! They are not there...... Been shooting this gun for years.....Guess they are not needed? Someone with much more SKB gunsmithing than me might be able to comment.

And as you can see, one screw had backed itself out and had made an indent on the bottom plate......!

IMG_20210531_092613644.jpg

Archived