SASS Wire Forum

Memorial Day 2021

Okiepan

In these trying times of todays hectic times , Take a moment and reflect our Nations Warriors who gave the ultimate sacrifice for OUR Nation , Not the sales , festivals just the Veterans past and present .

I personally THANK YOU ALL !!!

Today I pray for the families of those lost in service to our country...those who sacrificed their lives in service to us and ours.

I will "Thank" those who returned home from service, retired or are still serving, on Veteran's Day.

(I am blessed that all my personal military over the decades have returned home.

I pray for the families that endured loss)

Some words of wisdom suitable for today.

"Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." – Franklin D. Roosevelt

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived." – Gen. George S. Patton

"A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself." – Joseph Campbell

"For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue." – James A. Garfield

"Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die." – G.K. Chesterton

:FlagAm: Thanks to all who gave their lives for our freedom!

Archived